Outside Sales Representative
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: September 9, 2020
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water,
sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United
States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the
company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to
provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Mains 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to
Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to
increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Core &
Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve
yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core
industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible for
prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and
increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and
such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average
work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position
is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing
customers. Manages sales volume with an existing group of
customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include
customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships.
Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers
and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the organization; establishes relationships and
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly
resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or
direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support personnel or professional personnel.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable
- Typically requires travel 20% to 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Point of sales (POS) system or consultative selling/solution
selling experience is required.
- Knowledge of customer business needs.
- Knowledge in Core & Main product line and core
Keywords: Core and Main, Mobile , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!