Company: Quincy Compressor
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Imagine what you could do at Quincy Compressor! Quincy Compressor LLC makes and sells the highest quality reciprocating and rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps and a full line of air treatment components. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants, hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance. If you're as tough, dependable and efficient as the compressors we make, then you're the right fit for Quincy Compressor. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our team! This position will be based out of Bay Minette, AL. The Purchasing/ Buyer Agent position is responsible for all purchasing aspects of particular product groups / commodities and or suppliers as assigned. This includes but is not limited to supplier selection, commercial agreements, cost management and overall supplier performance (total cost, quality and supply chain performance). Some travel may be required for this position. Job Duties:
- Price analyses, price negotiations of assigned commodities or suppliers.
- Follow-up of quality performance (together with the SQA engineer) and delivery performance (together with Logistics Engineer).
- Draw up and control a cost reduction program.
- Actively participate on new product designs together with colleagues from Engineering; help develop and meet project objectives regarding cost and product / operational performance.
- Screen the market for technical and commercial alternatives both on local and international level.
- Ensure that suppliers develop themselves in accordance with our quality, logistics and business objectives
- Follow up all technical and policy developments in the supplier market that can be of interest to Quincy. Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience:
- Experience in a technical function or production environment a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred (Supply Chain, Business, Engineering)
- Experience in a similar function is preferred
- Mechanical aptitude a plus Work Environment: --- Mainly an office environment, with some exposure to a plant environment. Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have motivating personality and work well within a team environment.
- Must possess extraordinary communications skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel Benefits Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information. Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others. Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: or call
- 937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Quincy Compressor, Mobile , Purchasing Agent, Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!