Civil Estimator (Alabama)
Company: PALACIOS MARINE INDUSTRIAL COATINGS
Posted on: September 19, 2023
The Civil Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate cost
estimates for civil projects, aiding in bidding, and determining
the price of products and services. This role involves planning,
budgeting, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of the
estimating and bid process. The Civil Estimator works closely with
senior management to ensure alignment with company policies,
processes, procedures, protocols, and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimate all costs of civil projects, including raw materials,
labor, equipment, tools, and transportation.
- Collect, classify, and analyze historical data for accurate
- Read blueprints or architectural drawings to determine
necessary resources for projects within budgetary constraints.
- Help determine necessary resources for projects based on cost
estimates and budgetary constraints.
- Prepare bid sheets (Excel), solicit subcontractor proposals,
and advertisements as needed.
- Perform take-offs and attend pre-bid walks.
- Identify qualified subcontractors/suppliers.
- Review quotes for completeness with plans and
- Assist with timely completion of all client-required prequal
- Review subcontractor proposals before contract issuance for
complete work scopes.
- Assist field personnel with estimating Change Orders, RFPs, and
clarification of RFIs.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and buy-outs.
- 10+ years of experience in the civil engineering field.
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering techniques.
- Ability to perform basic to advanced mathematics required for
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or engineering
- Ability to learn and easily be trained on the Estimating
- Experience in using Excel and Word.
- Must have computer experience.
- Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test.
- Some sites may require a TWIC card.
- Climbing multiple flights of stairs without assistance.Working
- Primarily indoors with environmental controls.
- Some job walks on client sites may be required, which could be
indoors or outdoors.
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs without
- Physical fitness and stamina to perform job walks on client
sites, including walking or standing for extended periods.
- Good mobility and dexterity to navigate various job sites,
including potentially uneven or challenging terrain.
- Adequate vision to read and interpret blueprints or engineering
- Ability to lift and carry objects or equipment of moderate
weight, as required for job tasks.
- Capability to work in different environmental conditions, both
indoors and outdoors, as necessary for site visits or job
- May include bending, stooping, or kneeling as needed.
Palacios Marine & Industrial is an equal opportunity employer
prohibiting discrimination and harassment based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by law. This policy applies to all
employment practices, including hiring, promotion, termination,
compensation, and training. Hiring decisions are based solely on
qualifications, merit, and business needs.
$80,000 - $120,000 annually Associated topics: account, bid, cost,
estimator, expense, financial analyst, price, quote, quotation,
Keywords: PALACIOS MARINE INDUSTRIAL COATINGS, Mobile , Civil Estimator (Alabama), Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!