Structures Rework Technician (X-Plant)
Company: Airbus Helicopter
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We
are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace
products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We
aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well
as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and
space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly
international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct
suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final
assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has
achieved a more than six-fold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of
Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows
candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a
reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This
position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable,
an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
* Technical Work on Aircraft: 60%
* Perform non-standard work that includes but is not limited to
structural repairs, component exchanges, painting and sealing, and
* Work in an autonomous and self-directed team to secure milestones
for Mobile FAL and Flight Line
* Work in compliance with production orders, design documents,
concessions, and inspection procedures
* Work in conjunction with engineering support to define rework or
repair solutions and to carefully review all work orders, drawings,
instructions, and procedures
* Occasionally assist FAL Operations with standard activities
performed out of station
* Coordinate with various FAL Functions to safely and securely
access aircraft for non-standard work.
* Able to isolate limited systems in order to safely perform
* Flexibility to perform works in non-standard areas such as at
height, confined space, and wet-tank entry while following all
safety protocols and OSHA Regulations
* Document tasks in accordance with Airbus procedures and
* Work with Quality Line Side to self-inspect or perform delegated
inspection on non-conformance work performed by yourself or team
* Use a variety of standard and specialized hand tools, power
equipment, measuring devices, and test equipment in completing work
assignments, and jigs/fixtures with associated license, such as but
not limited to:
* Overhead Crane
* Scissor Lift
* Fork Lift
* Lifting Platform
* Follow all OSHA, Safety, and Environmental Regulations
* Personal and Team Development: 25%
* Contribute to the growth of the X-Plant Multi-Functional Team by
training other team members and being trained across multiple
* Maintain Personal Development Record for work performed
* Actively participate in the development and improvement of A320
Family Assembly and Testing using Airbus Operating System Tools
* Participate in process improvement, root cause analysis, 5S, and
all applicable tools improving work load, quality, safety, and
* Promote and have an active role and detailed knowledge of
specific Airbus procedures such as but not limited to:
* Foreign Object Debris Procedure (FOD)
* OEM Standards
* Plant and Constituent Assembly Service Level Agreements and
* Tool Control
* Follow and encourage safety by using applicable PPE and following
and exceeding safety requirements
* Maintain cleanliness of X-Plant Shop including free stock bins,
consumable locations, and workbenches
* Reporting: 10%
* Participate in daily SQCDP Talks to discuss day to day activity
* Timely sign-off work within specified work orders,
non-conformities, and SAP systems
* Identify and raise non-conformities in SAP systems
* Report details of tasks and input/output of work directly to
Leads and Management by means of Production Pace Control System
Other duties as assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
* Required: High School Diploma or GED
* Preferred: Training from a vocational school or previous employer
in the use of application tolls and in application techniques
* Required: 2+ Years hands-on experience in Aviation with repair
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
* Knowledge of Hand, Power Tools, Cutting Tools, etc related to
* Willingness to learn and cross-skill within multiple functions
* Ability to work across different teams to coordinate and complete
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve
* Knowledge of station safety, quality, FOD, and OSHA
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
Technical Systems Proficiency:
* Able to enter, generate, and retrieve information using a
computer or tablet (SAP and Excel Knowledge preferred)
* 0% Domestic and International
* Authorized to Work in the US
Vision: Adequate to enter and read material on computer screens.
Able to identify markings and digital outputs on calibrated tools.
Able to read drawings and measurement tools for precision work on
Hearing: Able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in
shop and production setting. Able to hear safety alerts and warning
Speaking: Able to engage in conversations in person and via
electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size
with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and
equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
Carrying: Able to occasionally carry up to 30lbs/12kg while
engaging in aircraft activities.
Lifting: Able to occasionally lift up to 60lbs/27kg.
Pushing/Pulling: Able to push/pull items in aircraft and on shop
Sitting: Able to sit for extended periods of time at work benches
or on aircraft.
Squatting/Kneeling: Able to occasionally squat or kneel to work in
confined areas such as Cargo Holds and Wing Tanks.
Standing: Able to stand for extended periods of time.
Travel/Mobility: Able to work outside hangers in changing
locations. Able to work on movable lifts at the aircraft at a
height of approximately 40 ft. Able to enter a wing tank through a
9.8 inch by 17.7 inch oval opening, while sometimes working in a
ventilated fuel tank with a respirator in a confined space.
Walking: Able to walk through office and production areas, around
flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor
surfaces other business interactions
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US
positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work
authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform
their job duties may result in discipline up to and including
Keywords: Airbus Helicopter, Mobile , Structures Rework Technician (X-Plant), Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!