Building Permit Technician
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Building Permit Technician A county development services
department needs a full-time Building Permit Technician to join
their team. This is a great opportunity to perform specialized and
technical clerical work in the processing and examination of
applications as well as the enforcement of the County's Zoning,
Building and Licensing regulations. What you'll be doing to make an
- Processes applications for permits and provides technical
information such as location of legal description, using scale rule
for metes and bounds.
- Interprets zoning codes for minimum setbacks, reviews plot plan
for current setbacks in accordance with zoning requirements.
- Advises and verifies collection of impact fees when required;
calculates and collects proper impact fees and assigns correct zone
for money to be allocated when appropriate.
- Reviews maps for proper inspection area; checks flood maps and
determines if in a flood zone.
- Verifies land use, type, density and minimum lot size for
conformance to Land Development Code.
- Verifies existing addresses for permits.
- Assists citizens with concerns, questions and information
regarding the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps.
- Reviews contractor applications for current license and
insurance coverage; assists contractors with license registration
- Reviews plans for proper stamps and documentation.
- Calculates permit and plan review fees; ensures plans are
reviewed by appropriate plans examiner.
- Reviews blueprints or drawings for minimum plan review
- Verifies documentation for Florida Product Approval codes.
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy.
- Processes faxed and emailed permit applications.
- Processes revisions to active permits.
- Accepts, receipts and balances monetary transactions.
- Interprets policies and procedures for adherence to and
application of the Development Services Center Customer Service
Standards as well as other program guidelines as established at the
time of employment or modified thereafter.
- Assists public by explaining laws, procedures and other related
information in person and via phone; provides information regarding
the development approval processes and procedures.
- Compiles and types of statistical reports.
- May be required to change work assignment or location; may be
required to staff satellite office.
- Must demonstrate commitment to our mission, vision, values and
goals and represent the County in a professional, dignified manner
at all times both in actions and appearance.
- May have a role in the County's disaster preparation and/or
disaster recovery efforts, as designated in the County
Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan; may be required to work
before, during and/or after an emergency. What you'll bring to the
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent;
supplemented by two (2) years of zoning, building or land
development regulations, general contracting or real estate
experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and
experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and office
practices and procedures; database software; internet, spreadsheet
and word processing software
- Required to operate a personal computer and word processing,
spreadsheet and/or database programs
- Requires a valid driver license at the date of hire and
maintain said license while employed in this position What's in it
- For this position, you will be paid a competitive wage of
- A regular schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30
- Contract position LandrumHR Workforce Solutions does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any
other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all
qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that
employment decisions be based on job-related factors.
Keywords: LandrumHR, Mobile , Building Permit Technician, Professions , Milton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!