Company: Merchants Terminal
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Summary: The purpose of the Receiver is to
inspect loads, identifying product and validating shipment
quantities, to allow for product breakdown. This includes using
electronic scanners and label application when needed. Employees
must be able to maintain the expected work pace and meet minimum
productivity guidelines as provided by MTC. The employees work
refrigerated and freezer areas of a warehouse and may be exposed to
one environment for long periods of time.Essential Duties and
- Receive purchase orders and proceed to corresponding dock to
- Inspect load received and complete Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Point (HACCP) using handheld device.
- Identify product, locate pallet label, validate quantity, and
apply labels to pallets.
- Scan labels and enter data, including quantity received,
expiration date or manufacturing date as required.
- Liaison between MTC inspection team and USDA ensuring all
processes are followed in accordance to MTC policy and Food Safety
- Use handheld devices to notify MTC system when load has been
processed for breakdown.
- Record and resolve discrepancies, as necessary.
- Communicate with supervisor, office clerk, and co-workers to
receive work orders, products, maintain workflow, and organize work
- Apply knowledge of product and temperature sensitive protocols
when transporting, staging pallets and prioritizing workflow.Other
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May return product to stock (RTS).
- Monitor battery charge on hand-held device.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill MTC's
objectives.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must be
proficient in English and basic math skills. A high school diploma
or equivalent is required. Experience as a certified powered
industrial truck (PIT) operator is preferred. Employee must be able
to be certified for PIT operation by MTC. Work Environment: The
work environment is indoors and the employee may be exposed to cold
room or freezer temperatures. There is moderate noise level in
warehouse environments with occasional to frequent honking of power
jacks and forklifts for safety. The floors may be concrete.Work
Hours: The work schedule is either 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, or
4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and
shifts are subject to change depending on operating business
conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work
overtime, holidays or weekends. Physical and Mental Demands:
Medium. Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force seldom, and/or greater
than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
to move objects including the human body. This job also requires
constant standing and walking. Know and apply proper safety and
cold chain protocols when staging, transporting goods, follow MTC
grooming, hygiene and dress code, including appropriate personal
protection equipment (PPE) for safety compliance. Follow sequencing
or order directions and apply knowledge of spatial relations
product storage. Know and apply protocols for proper paperwork and
documentation delivery. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Keywords: Merchants Terminal, Mobile , Receiver, Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!