OTR Class A CDL Driver $5K Sign On Bonus
Company: McPherson Oil
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Call us at (888) 684-5762 to hear more about this great
opportunity or click APPLY BELOW.
- Home EVERY Weekend!
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Pay - Average Salary $70,000 - $90,000/year
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
About the Company:
McPherson Oil is a full-service petroleum products and services
company that provides our customers with quality products and
services. We have been achieving this mission for over forty years.
McPherson Oil continues to be chosen by suppliers, customers and
employees for their openness, honesty, and integrity in the
petroleum business. We have a strong background of providing
leadership in the petroleum distribution business which has
provided a solid foundation for us to continue delivering quality
products and services to our customers for many years to come.
We believe to be successful we need the right people. We seek
people who strive for excellence and eagerly explore new ideas and
challenges. If you want to be a change agent, lead the team, and
drive success, McPherson Oil is the place for you. We need
employees who embody our values of commitment to excellence,
family, honesty, teamwork, and execution.
We offer not just at CAREER, but a place to hang your hat and call
About the Role:
Drives truck loaded with transport bulk oil to and from specified
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drives truck to out-of-state terminal to load products for
- Drives truck to and from specified destinations delivering bulk
- Loads and unloads products in and out of the truck by
connecting hoses from truck tanks to storage tanks.
- Delivers packaged goods as needed.
- Delivers product to customers by following instructions on the
- Maintains electronic driving logs to state and federal
- Occasionally collects payment for products delivered.
- Flushes and cleans tanker after deliveries are complete or
before new product is loaded.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil and water which includes pre-trip and post-trip
- Performs roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires
and installing light bulbs.
- Uses safety equipment, such as fire extinguisher and spill
kits, as needed.
- Maintains relationships with customers by using good customer
- Cross-trains with other drivers and warehouse personnel.
- Occasionally may be required to drive other trucks and deliver
- Performs warehouse duties as needed.
- Keeps the truck cab clean and neat.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to
converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic
signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official
inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on
a commercial motor vehicle
- Ability to read, write, and use basic math skills.
- Ability to pass loading requirements at each terminal.
- Possession of a current and valid commercial motor vehicle
operator's license issued only by one state or jurisdiction (Class
A CDL) with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- Possession of a current Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- Basic knowledge of truck parts and truck maintenance.
- Ability to successfully complete forklift certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while performing
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude during all
internal and external customer interactions.
- Effectively represents the company and responsive to the needs
of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to complete position responsibilities within the
- Self-driven and motivated individual.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of technology with a handheld device.
- Ability to work with a sense of efficiently.
- Produces a caliber of work consistent with departmental
- Ability to follow company safety and quality procedures and
The work of this position is performed in both inside and outside
environments in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. The
position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs.
Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing is required. In this
position, associates may be exposed to hazardous materials, vapors,
fumes, and extreme weather conditions. Proper PPE is provided for
employees working in these conditions.
The job description of the OTR Driver is not inclusive and is
subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the
The McPherson Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: McPherson Oil, Mobile , OTR Class A CDL Driver $5K Sign On Bonus, Professions , Saraland, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!