Company: Harsco Corporation
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Harsco Corporation is a diversified, global engineered products and
services company serving the worldwide environmental, steel,
railway and energy sectors. We have an unrivalled breadth of
experience across the globe and an impressive reputation stretching
back more than a century. Based in Camphill, PA, with more than
12000 employees and the company operates in more than 35 countries
with 180 operational locations.
Harsco's Environmental division is the premier provider of material
processing and environmental services to the global steel and
metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery
services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental
benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also
have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications
across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize
Harsco's expertise in mineral materials.
- Load trucks and railcars as per shipping requirements.
- Inspect all trucks and railcars before loading; internally and
externally in compliance with Safety practices.
- Install and record seals in the rail book and on the order pick
slips on all rail cars.
- Load vehicles evenly with material to proper weights.
- Keep loading areas clean.
- Fill out rail car/truck checklist.
- Complete track check lists and turn into the office daily so
rail logs can be matched against office records.
- Perform general clean up.
- Keep load out plant area clean of material and debris making
sure all trash cans are emptied weekly from the office and plant
- Assist other production personnel in cleaning other areas of
the plant when necessary.
- Bagging. Operation
- Operate bagging equipment to bag and palletize bag
- Perform pre start up checks of equipment and fill out any forms
or inspections associated with the bagging operation.
- Load trucks with bagged material making sure that the product
being loaded matches the material being placed on each truck and
care is taken in placement of all pallets.
- Operate forklift making sure all mobile equipment logs are
filled out daily for each piece of machinery
- Complete quality testing as required and log all analysis
properly on the respective pick slips
- Notify the plant operator when the proper materials for bagging
production are needed. If blends are performed make sure the blend
is logged for the duration of the blend and proper Q.C. standards
- Report potential problems.
- Notify management and office administrator's in a timely manner
of material shortages for daily shipments.
- Notify management of any gradation problems or loading time
- Notify management and maintenance of any unusual noise or
potential mechanical problems.
- Assist maintenance in repairing any mechanical equipment when
- Complete and maintain all related paperwork as directed by
management daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Other duties may be required to maintain a safe and efficient
operation, as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must be able to pass company physical, drug/alcohol screening.
Prior experience in manufacturing preferred. Forklift and front end
loader certification a plus.
Employee should be able to lift up to 100lbs., twist bend stand for
long durations, hold general computer skills, Mathematical skills
along with basic production skills
Machinery Operations, Forklift Operation, Mechanical
Aptitude/Abilities, Problem Solving Skills
Education And Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Machinery Operations, Forklift
Operations, Mechanical Aptitude/Abilities, Problem Solving Skills,
Mechanical Aptitude, Preventive Maintenance aptitude.
"We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life
insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Keywords: Harsco Corporation, Mobile , Production Worker, Professions , Satsuma, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!