Forklift Maintenance Technician
Company: Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Job TitleForklift Maintenance Technician
Job Description SummaryThe Forklift/PIV Maintenance Technician will
be responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair,
replacement and troubleshooting on various models of material
handling equipment, batteries, chargers and personnel carts. Must
be proficient with data input that is required to perform all job
requirements. Maintain, service and support material handling
equipment in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner to minimize
Primary Job Functions:
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities for PIV repair. Work
closely with all supervisor and managers to ensure all
troubleshooting equipment errors will be corrected quickly.
- Effectively communicate with management and department leads to
establish and execute PIV priority repairs.
- Oversee and direct the PIV Preventive Maintenance for entire
- Diligently complete and record PIV Preventative Maintenance in
accordance with manufacturer specifications to meet or exceed
- Develop and maintain a critical spares inventory and order all
necessary supplies from approved vendors through MRO purchasing,
coordinate urgency, and priority with Purchasing.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and
facilitate growth and development through weekly team meetings,
regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and
company-offered learning opportunities.
Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees,
methods, and materials.
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related
trade/technical school training or equivalent work experience,
- 2 years experience troubleshooting and repairing PIV equipment,
Licenses or Certifications:
- Company-issued PIV License/certification or ability to obtain
within 60 days, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate effectively change management skills
- Effectively demonstrate change management skills
- Knowledge of lead acid batteries and associated maintenance
- Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and electronic
- Proficient in the operation of basic commercial computer software
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft
Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult
employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that
applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated
without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of
any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., Mobile , Forklift Maintenance Technician, Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!