Company: Greif, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial
packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to
become the world s best performing customer service company in
industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre
drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers,
flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard,
coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of
specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging
accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for
a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in
the southeastern United States. The company is strategically
positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve
global as well as regional customers.
Responsible for managing manufacturing activities to ensure that
business goals are achieved in areas such as: safety, production
output, operating efficiency, quality, costs, and employee
relations and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Greif
s policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the
requirements of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Effectively demands a safe work culture and provides leadership
- Oversees production control activities, which ensures material
flows through production in support of the production plans to
satisfy business goals and customer demands.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and trained.
- Audits Kronos Timekeeper and ensures proper notation of overtime,
days off, vacation and any time an employee is working at an
elevated job position.
- Manages product mix in production to satisfy existing customer
needs and to reduce delivery delinquencies. Ensures proper
documentation is maintained.
- Identifies and addresses the need for concentrated or additional
work efforts in any bottleneck area.
- Identifies/seizes opportunities and resolves problems in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Serves as a key interface with senior facility management,
department and first-line supervisors, maintenance supervision,
hourly employees, technical personnel, and customer service
- Pursues continuous improvement in production areas using standard
improvement based decision making processes.
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Fulfills other responsibilities and expectations as may be
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or
related field and/or 5-7 years of competent experience in
production management in the Pulp and Paper industry.
- A full working knowledge of Manufacturing Requirements Planning
(MRP a computerized material control program) required. Also
procedural knowledge such as QCDR's, squawks, op-sheets, etc.
- Demonstrated effective people-management and interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict in an efficient and
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into
consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race,
gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic
information or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level
of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be
asked to perform other duties as requested.
Greif provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified
persons and does not discriminate against any associate or
applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expressions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other
protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. In all activities of recruitment, employment,
promotions, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment,
the individual s ability to perform specific job functions shall be
the primary consideration. If, because of a disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
please contact us at email@example.com or via fax at
Keywords: Greif, Inc., Mobile , PRODUCTION MANAGER, Professions , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!