Company: Austal USA
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty
in completing an application because of incompatible technology or
other disability-related application issues may contact us at the
following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered
prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal s
commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of
employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and
to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions
concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Scheduler
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Project Scheduler is responsible for maintaining and
analyzing the schedule for a vessel.
* Integrate all aspects of the program from Engineering, Material,
Production, Sub-contracting, Testing, final acceptance, and
* Responsible for the creation of the Project Baseline Schedule by
ensuring that all labor and material dollar activities are
correctly scheduled and resource loaded to create an Integrated
* Responsible for the accuracy of the monthly BAR process for a
* Ensures that progress is accurately entered each week.
* Oversees the schedule health metrics to ensure schedule is in
compliance with Government requirements.
* Responsible for review and analysis of manning requirements for
their assigned project.
* Works with vessel Project Manager and Craft Management to provide
schedule and manning information to manage the construction of the
* Responsible for the ongoing training of Production Control
department scheduling personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* A minimum of 4 years progressive experience or demonstrable
ability (supporting Weekly and Monthly Reporting, supporting Weekly
and Monthly Baseline Maintenance, leading the overall scheduling
effort on a project to maintain and manage the project and
experience with creating the Baseline Schedule) with Primavera
* This position requires a strong background in Earned Value
Management (EVMS) and knowledge of the EIA-ANSI 748A standard to
ensure overall schedule adherence, schedule effectiveness, and
* Able to support the scheduling department in preparation of
project Government meetings.
* Candidate must possess a thorough understanding of
planning/scheduling principles, practices, and techniques to ensure
the effective use of Project Management tools.
* Familiarity with MILL 881 Handbook WBS structure
* Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word and
* Process-oriented, customer service-driven, problem solver,
self-starter, team player.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
* Detail oriented and able to resolve most daily issues without
specific supervisory direction.
* High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a minimum of
five (5) years related experience in a related manufacturing
industry preferred. College degree and shipbuilding industry
TOOLS: Not Applicable
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Full discretionary authority to assign
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Must be able to train and mentor Junior
members of the Department.
LIASES WITH: Engineering department, Operations department,
Production and Project departments, prime contractors, and the
customer as requested by the company.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be
required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position
* Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility
guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes
seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check
Keywords: Austal USA, Mobile , Project Scheduler, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!