Company: Austal USA
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty
in completing an application because of incompatible technology or
other disability-related application issues may contact us at the
following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered
prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal s
commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of
employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and
to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions
concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Scheduler
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifies, sequences, and links construction activities in
accordance with established build strategies.
* Populates schedule with labor, material budgets and
* Supports the development of Production Work Packages.
* Runs schedule health metrics and performs required maintenance to
* Supports the Monthly Baseline Adjustment Process.
* Must be able to run schedule health metrics that will suffice
government audit, interpret results and recommend corrective
* Integrate all aspects of the program from engineering, Material
Requirements Planning (MRP), and production to testing, final
acceptance, and delivery.
* Progresses schedules on a weekly basis, analyzes performance,
conducts critical path analysis and leads efforts to address
deviations to baseline as required.
* Monitors labor demand in the schedule, reviews and recommends
corrective actions to Program Scheduler and Production
* Develops reports for progress, schedule performance, resource
requirements and earned value.
* Supports the training of Schedulers with lesser knowledge and
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* Comprehensive knowledge, experience and proficiency with
Primavera Scheduling Software.
* 3 to 5 yrs progressive experience or demonstrable ability
(supporting Weekly and Monthly Reporting, supporting Weekly and
Monthly Baseline Maintenance, supporting the overall scheduling
effort to maintain the project) with Primavera scheduling
* Proficient in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and
performance measurement techniques.
* Understanding and ability to perform of Baseline Schedule
* Computer literate utilizing all Microsoft Office
* High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a minimum of
four (4) years related experience in related manufacturing industry
preferred. College degree and shipbuilding industry experience
* Able to run and analyze the schedule Critical Path.
* Able to run schedule health metrics
* Effective communication skills to facilitate team work with
* Understanding of Rolling Wave Planning.
* Experience with Government Contracts a plus.
TOOLS: Not Applicable
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Not Applicable
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Not Applicable
LIASES WITH: Engineering department, Operations department,
Production and Project departments, prime contractors, and the
customer as required.
The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required
if deemed necessary in the scope of your position
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility
guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check
Keywords: Austal USA, Mobile , Scheduler II, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!