Structural Designer - REMOTE
Company: System One
Posted on: September 20, 2023
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for 2D and 3D drawing development.
- Checking drawings created by CAD Drafters and Designer
- Works with Production Management, cross-functional design teams
internal and external to the company, including business partner
representatives, customer representatives and equipment
manufacturers. QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or higher in CAD preferred. -
- 2 to 4 years minimum of 3D modeling experience
- 3 to 10 years of shipyard design or production/construction
experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in construction of high speed aluminum vessels
- Experience with modular construction methods preferred
- Experience in design and construction of US Navy vessels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Experienced in interacting with multiple design teams and
members of production.
- Experience using 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- Basic draw and modify commands
- Layer types
- Line types
- Unit of measure
- Creating orthographic views from isometric drawings
- 3D modeling commands
- Creating 3D models from orthographic views or vendor furnished
- Able to interface with models from other disciplines using the
- Able to model in 3D model space without interferences
- Experience with ShipConstructor preferred.
- Able to interpret system schematics, structural key plans,
compartment arrangements, and electrical diagrams to create 3D CAD
models. ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility
guidelines to be eligible for employment:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident
or citizen) -
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes
within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check TOOLS: -Microsoft
Office, AutoCAD, ShipConstructor, Navisworks LIAISES WITH: - CAD
Drafters, Designers, Engineers, Production Personnel, Program
Management, and Equipment Suppliers WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee may encounter while performing the essential
functions of this job. -Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
may be exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving
mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather
conditions, and extreme heat. -The employee is occasionally exposed
to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or
caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. -The noise level in the work
environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB. SAFETY Must comply with
company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules
and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Keywords: System One, Mobile , Structural Designer - REMOTE, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!