LEAD TEAM MEMBER FT - pOpshelf
Company: DOLLAR GENERAL
Posted on: January 26, 2023
pOpshelf's mission is to make every day special by providing
shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for those special
things that make life better. - pOpshelf offers an exciting,
on-trend and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home
d--cor, health and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and
party goods in addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and
electronics, among other items. -There is fun in every find,
surprise on every shelf, and joy in every visit. As part of our
customer-centered team, you help us create an experience that
enables our customers to easily find the items they need and enjoy
finding the things they want. pOpshelf operates 70+ stores
currently with plans to open 1,000 by 2025. Learn more about
pOpshelf at .LEAD TEAM MEMBER GENERAL SUMMARY:The Lead Team Member
helps maintain a clean, well-organized store and helps create a
customer first store culture through exceptional store standards.
The duties of the Lead Team Member include assisting customers in
locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash register,
stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and
performing other duties as assigned by the Store Team Leader to
maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while
protecting company assets. Lead Team Members perform the duties of
a Team Member and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the
Store Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader. -DUTIES and ESSENTIAL
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customer's
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment
that delights our customers and employees.
- Assists in merchandising the store in a manner that is
appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines,
rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities to provide
a superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensure store condense and reset standards are maintained
consistently each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make
change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register
- Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk
- Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store
Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader in the Store Team Leader's
- Additional duties that may be necessary in the absence of the
Store Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader -KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory
experience (or related experience/training) preferred.WORKING
CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as
hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise
containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money and
occasionally attend training meetings.
- -Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Exposure to strong scents and fragrances
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning
solutions. - -pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: DOLLAR GENERAL, Mobile , LEAD TEAM MEMBER FT - pOpshelf, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!