Company: Baptist Health Care
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for processing, follow up
and communication to patients for referrals and/or procedure orders
that are generated by the providers. This position will initiate
the authorization for patient services. This position is
responsible for knowledge of insurance coverages, documentation of
authorizations, and communicates status of authorizations to the
- Responsible for timely processing of incoming and/or outgoing
referrals and orders.
- Documents all phone calls, messages and interactions with
patients and insurance companies appropriately in the patient's
chart or applicable order systems.
- Obtains prior authorizations for all appointments and
- Updates any patient demographics into the practice management
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls in a prompt,
courteous, and professional manner
- Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
- Works closely with Baptist Medical Group Representatives, all
medical facilities, insurance companies, patients and family
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- 1-3 years Experience in healthcare or medical office
- Must have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving
goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Skill and confident with use of computers and related software
- Be able to make recommendations and handle complaints and
requests in a professional and calm manner.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Mobile , Referral Coordinator, Other , Gulf Breeze, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!