Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Facility: Blackwater River Correctional and Rehabilitation
Pay: $11.00 hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
---Paid time off ---Paid holidays---401(k)
---401(k) matching ---Health Insurance ---Dental Insurance
---Vision Insurance---Life Insurance ---Flexible spending
---Health savings account---Tuition Reimbursement ---Reduced
---Employee discount ---Employee assistance program---Pet
---Disability Insurance---Paid training ---Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only
those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll
receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the
industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous
government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified
correctional and community reentry services. From the development
of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Under close supervision, this position performs standard and
routine accounting duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all business office responsibilities including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control
and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and
month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution
for the utilizing facility. An invoice that is out of the ordinary
or unusual requires management approval.
- Communicates telephonically and in a professional manner with
regionals, directors, other facility staff and vendors as necessary
regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper
allocation of expenses.
- Updates and maintain current billing files so accurate records
are maintained enabling processing of timely billing reports.
- Prepares and submit daily activity reports/count sheets to
contracting agencies ensuring accurate, timely submittal in
accordance with contractual requirements.
- Prepares contractual monthly billing report ensuring accurate,
timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provides copy of all monthly billings to company corporate
office in a timely manner.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for
final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and
ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Mobile , ACCOUNTING CLERK, Other , Milton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!