Gun Vault Specialist
Company: Bass Pro, LLC
Location: Spanish Fort
Posted on: November 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Gun Vault Specialist is responsible for
backroom maintenance of all processes pertaining to Firearms.This
role has the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all
company, state, and federal firearms regulations.This position will
be responsible for acquiring and disposing firearms and the
integrity of the ATF required ARMS, and maintaining a complete,
thorough and accurate firearms inventory in accordance with all
company, local, state, and federal firearm regulation/policy.This
position provides counter Sales and Customer Service for Firearms
along with Floor and Counter Sales of other Hunting
Merchandise.They perform various selling/customer service
activities, to include greeting and acknowledging all customers in
a prompt and friendly manner, handling merchandise with care,
providing information, assistance and direction to
- Physically and systematically receives/acquires incoming
firearms and using ARMS systems by close of business each day.
Verifies gun accuracy to /from steel of gun to box, to receiving
documents and manifests.
- Disposes firearms shipped/transferred to licensed dealers, or
stores, and for verifying disposition data fed from the Electronic
4473 to ARMS by close of business each day.
- Conducts monthly firearms Audit.
- Ensures proper completion of ATF required forms, applicable
state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and
screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale,
complying with waiting periods or other possible state
requirements, and preventing possible straw purchases.
- Participates in ongoing training including, but not limited to
firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting
discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related
training, and selling skills/techniques.
- Ensures all firearms are acquired and disposed safely utilizing
company protocols, proper and error free completion of all company
forms properly storing/locating, cleaning and preparation of
firearms for retail sale, working replenishment of firearms to the
sales floor, properly packaging and shipping firearms in accordance
with federal/state laws and company policy, safely
checking/clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment,
as well as mounting accessories/optics to firearms.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
customers. Providing a legendary experience for every customer,
every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- Identifying and evaluating customers' needs,
- Making product recommendations based off of this analysis,
- Promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB
membership, VOC and IN Store Pick up.
- Demonstrates product to customers.
- Organizes and maintains firearms within the retail Store for
Sales at Gun Counter, Fine Gun Room/Gun Library, and Gun
- Assures visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to
include but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning
fixtures. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness standards within
the department and back room including attention to proper facing
of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties.
- Sets and maintains all ads related to firearms.
- Remains knowledgeable of advertised sales; maintain pricing and
- Replenishes product on shelves as required per merchandising
- Assists with Seasonal Floor merchandise moves.
- Responds to all ATF, or State Firearm Trace Request
- Assists with training of store outfitters as requested by the
GM or Ops Support Reg. Mgr.
- Remains product "expert" through ongoing product knowledge
- Follows all company policies and procedures and all other
duties as assigned.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience in Retail
- Age Required: Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to legally own and possess Firearms under Federal
and State Law.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance
regulations and to work with highly confidential information
- Customer Service and Sales of Firearms and Other Hunting
- 4473 & State Paperwork Completion
- ARMS, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Firearms
- Knowledge in Firearms, and Ammunition
- Knowledge of Firearms and Ammunition ATF and STATE
- Knowledge and experience in Inventory Control
- Safely Handle Firearms
- Understanding of Retail and Computer Knowledge
- Ability to Handle and stock MerchandiseTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- N/APHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Regularly walks, stands, lifts up to 50lbs, and/or performs
- Seldom/never sitsINDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT:
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies,
procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs
assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve
desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within
accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies,
procedures, and practices.Part Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class
resorts and conservation attractions!
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Reasonable
AccommodationsQualified individuals with known disabilities may be
entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with
Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, please visit your nearest location or contact
us at email@example.com.Bass Pro Shops
Keywords: Bass Pro, LLC, Mobile , Gun Vault Specialist, Other , Spanish Fort, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!