Controls Engineer II
Company: Sirius Staffing
Posted on: November 25, 2022
We are seeking a Controls Engineer II for a direct hire
opportunity for a Marine Client in Mobile, AL. -
The Controls Engineer with be Responsible for the design,
configuration, and programming of automation and control equipment
including but not limited to PLCs and HMIs. - -Qualifications
(Knowledge and Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree
- Two (2) to five (5) years of automation and controls
- Configuration, programming, installation, and test experience
with PLCs, HMIs, and SCADAs.
- Detailed knowledge of Automation and IT networks.
- Experience with the Windows Server environment.
- Configuration and commissioning experience with sensors,
switches, valve actuators, variable speed drives, and other field
- Design, installation and troubleshooting experience with
communication protocols including Profibus, Modbus RTU/TCP, and
- Ability to work in the field environment domestically and
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design
teams from several companies, customer representatives and
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft
Office products.Specific knowledge related to the following:
- Siemens PCS7 or other integrated automation platform
- Siemens SIMATIC variable speed drives
- Windows Server Domain management including DNS, Active
Directory, and Group Policy
- Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e.,
ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
- Knowledge of the construction of high-speed aluminum vessels,
preferred not required -
- Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels,
preferred not required -Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and programming of
automation and control equipment including but not limited to PLCs
and HMIs. -
- Responsible for supporting the commissioning and testing of
automation and control equipment. -
- Complies with company's employee handbook general guidelines,
company procedures and policies.
- The Controls Engineer is Responsible for checking drawings,
configuration, and programming performed by Engineers I. -
- Will be responsible for design calculations and drawing
development as assigned by the Program Engineer or a Department
Engineer III. - - -Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color,
national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability,
veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Sirius Staffing, Mobile , Controls Engineer II, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!