PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
Company: Homestead Village Alabama
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Education/Training: A high school diploma/GED; computer skills
Experience: One year experience in a healthcare facility is
Position Summary: Must be able to verbally communicate effectively
and accurately record events in writing. Must have an understanding
of facility functions and the impact on residents. Must have the
ability to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks, some of
which may involve unpleasant conditions. An individual must be able
to assist residents with ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, and
grooming, and other activities of daily living as needed. Must
possess the ability to exhibit patience and tact when dealing with
residents, their families and visitors at all times and have a
genuine interest in geriatric care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Escort and/or assists residents to and from resident's room,
dining rooms and resident activities.
2. Assists in dressing and undressing residents.
3. Assists in bathing residents in tub or shower.
4. Combs hair, cleans and cuts resident's fingernails and toenails,
gives mouth care, assists in cleaning teeth and dentures and gives
shampoos as needed.
5. Assists walking ambulatory residents as needed.
6. Responsible for required reports (including resident charts and
other computerized reports or records).
Clinical/Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and monitor patients in regards to patient safety,
following applicable patient care policy and procedures.
2. Report any noted changes in resident's condition.
3. Properly and accurately document all care given and supplies
4. May take and record temperature, pulse, blood pressure and
5. Ensure compliance with resident medication assistance guidelines
outlined in ALF Policy and Procedures.
Resident Services and Satisfaction:
1. Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights; maintain the
comfort, privacy and dignity of each resident in the delivery of
services to them. Interact in a manner that promotes the emotional
well-being of the resident.
2. Respond to patients and family member's concerns with empathy
and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
3. Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance on conformity
with dress code standards.
4. Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquires to ensure
accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
1. Attend in-service training.
Physical Work Environment: Must be able to lift or carry up to 50
pounds occasionally and to exert 20 pounds of force frequently.
Physical activity involves sitting, walking, standing, carrying,
bending, lifting, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping,
feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Receipt and Acknowledgement:
I acknowledge and understand that:
* Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a
promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and
that my employment is at-will.
* The job description provides a general summary of the position in
which I am employed, that the contents of this job description are
job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which
would prevent me from performing these functions with or without
accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to
inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these
* Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be change
at any time.
* Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job
responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies,
procedures, rules and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Homestead Village Alabama, Mobile , PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT, Other , Fairhope, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!