Security Guard - AHTS Program - AHTS -NAS Whiting Field, FL
Company: Vertex Aerospace
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DescriptionPrincipal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the observation and reporting of unauthorized
personnel, fire, aircraft security, and unusual circumstances on
the flight lines and Vertex assigned work areas during non-working
hours (weekends, holidays, and unscheduled periods of airfield
- Accomplish after-hours security checks/rounds by physically
inspecting all facilities, vehicles, and aircraft assigned to the
company every half hour. Security checks/rounds will consist of a
continuous roving foot patrol unless otherwise instructed, that
checks fences, buildings, gates, equipment, flight line, and
assigned aircraft. Fences and perimeter barriers will be checked on
a random basis, not to exceed two hours between checks, unless
- During foul weather, rounds may be accomplished by means of a
company vehicle. Guards are only authorized to use company vehicles
if they have a valid drivers license. Extreme care will be used
while operating a motor vehicle on the flight line.
- Guards will maintain a vigilant fire watch. Shall check fire
extinguishers, safety equipment, and fire alarm boxes to ensure the
proper working condition and report any discrepancies. Guards will
be especially watchful for fires, spills, or safety hazards and
report any problems. Be familiar with and operate portable
- Areas found unsecured will be secured. If the area is a Secure
Space such as Tool Room or Administration, a report will be written
and submitted to the Security Manager via the Flightline management
- While on rounds, guards will check that aircraft on the flight
line are properly secured (i.e two tie-down straps are correctly
installed and tensioned, all intake and exhaust plugs installed,
rotor restraints installed and tight, and doors and windows
closed.) Guards will log aircraft that are not secure and provide a
report to the Security Manager the next workday. During foul
weather or emergency conditions, the guard will immediately contact
the Flightline Supervisor of such discrepancies. If the Flightline
Supervisor cannot be contacted call the next supervisor on the
- Aircraft stored in the hangar will be checked to ensure that
they are properly grounded, have drip pans underneath, all intake
and exhaust plugs installed, rotor restraints installed and tight,
and doors and windows closed
- Guards will be watchful of aircraft for possible leaks
(especially in the hangar) or safety hazards. Minor leaks should be
controlled using approved HAZMAT controls. Major leaks will be
reported to the Flightline Supervisor (recall) and Fire Department
(depending on circumstances) and logged. Use provided personal
protective equipment when working with hazardous materials. File
required reports of fuel spills with the Safety Office.
- Ensure all vehicles within the fenced areas are properly
chocked and take corrective action as necessary to chock
- Loose gear should be properly stored (if possible) and
documented as gear adrift on the security discrepancies list. The
discrepancy list will be submitted the following workday to the
- Identify and correct possible FOD problems.
- Report the presence of unauthorized personnel or personnel not
in uniform to Base Security. Report unusual circumstances that are
not covered within the scope of this instruction to Vertex
management and/or Base Security, utilizing the phone list
- Maintain log each hour and hour.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials in the
performance of assigned duties.
- Limited use of hand tools which normally include screwdrivers,
flashlights, and tools necessary to secure aircraft.
- Must possess personal tools required to perform the work in the
assigned job classification.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety
Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities,
and job assignment.
- Document work accomplished on government and company electronic
and/or manual Information Systems
- Assist in ensuring the safety, security, inventory, and
preservation of Government-owned and Company-owned equipment.
- Ensure compliance with established Maintenance/Work
Instructions and Company policies/procedures.
- Responsible for adherence to and enforcement of the Tool
- Responsible for adherence to and enforcement of the FOD
- Adhere to and enforce all Company and Government regulations to
ensure personnel safety and the security and preservation of
Government and Company-owned equipment.
- Ensure compliance with required Quality Control policies and
- Perform all other position-related duties as well as other
projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Maintains the highest ethical, personal, and professional
standardsPosition Scope and Charter
- Must have one (1) year of experience in flight line procedures
and aircraft security, preferably in contract, military or
- Must display a good working knowledge of aircraft safety and
- Must know proper safety procedures concerning fuel leaks and
other hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license,
obtain GSE licensing, and airfield operators license.
- Must meet any other qualification standards imposed by the
government contract not covered by this agreement.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and
be able to effectively communicate.
- Must have the ability to develop professional relationships
with management, peers, vendors, subcontractors, and customers
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts, and overtime as
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
information and Company Proprietary data.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management
- Travel is not required.Physical RequirementsMust be able to
work in a variety of environments, including aircraft hangar,
aircraft flight line, shops, and offices. Must be able to walk and
work while standing for most of the day with only occasional
sitting. Must be able to bend, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch,
reach, grasp. Must be able to walk for long distances and climb two
flights of stairs while carrying custodial supplies, vacuum
cleaner, or buffer. Must be able to work with hands, arms,
shoulders, and back to use brooms, mops, and buffing equipment.
Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must have good
close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth
perception and ability to adjust eye focus. Must be able to work in
extreme heat and cold. Will be subject to noise and hazards such as
proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical
current, chemical fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor
ventilation. Must be able to work in narrow aisles or passageways.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the
English language. Vertex is committed to building a diverse and
inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each others
differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core
values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a
protected veteran.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Vertex Aerospace, Mobile , Security Guard - AHTS Program - AHTS -NAS Whiting Field, FL, Other , Milton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!