Supervisor I Operations
Company: Airbus Group
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We
are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace
products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We
aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well
as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and
space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly
international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct
suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final
assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has
achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of
Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows
candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a
reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This
position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable,
an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Position Summary: The Supervisor of a Station is responsible for
technical leadership along with oversight of all manufacturing
activities within the purview of the Station and ensuring effective
coordination between the multiple processes supervised. Station
responsibility includes the management of all tools and jigs
belonging to the Station as well as their maintenance, repair and
- Responsible for the management of all employees assigned to the
Station. Includes the selection, performance management,
identification of development needs, and employee recognition.
- Provide direction and oversight to production activities and
monitor the progress of the Aircraft (A/C) through the
- Routinely report and update upper level management on A/C
progress and alert colleagues to potential problems and solutions.
Perform or assign to staff analyses on operational issues,
improvements and other savings initiatives.
- Function as a role model and leader in the observance of OSHA
rules and regulations. Ensure the importance and company commitment
to safety is in the forefront of thought and action on the part of
- Coordinate and communicate Station activities throughout the
FAL, the management team, other FALs and relevant parties.
- Apply insight, experience and interpersonal skills in order to
achieve integration of assigned team between American and European
- Responsible for the development of manpower forecast
requirements based on workload and necessary skill sets required to
meet the delivery schedule.
- Identify, eliminate and, when able, anticipate problems, which
occur in the manufacturing process, as quickly and as early as
- Proactively identify and resolve problems to prevent
disagreements and encourage cooperative work relationships. Engage
with support staff from Quality, Procurement and other specialty
areas to improve work flow and enhance existing processes.
- Ensure the completion of specified work packages in compliance
with costs, quality specifications and customer expectations.
- Collaborate with the procurement function to ensure to
acquisition of necessary consumable materials as well as tools and
- Insure orders and (work) material availability to guarantee
- Participate and lead Station in achieving the annual objectives
(e.g. CI, Quality Gates and specific KPIs).
- Responsible for A/C documentation for Hand Over to next Station
and also FOT (PIR-book, Folio, NC, Intervention Cards,
- Master all elements of the Performance Management Center to
include PPCB, SQCDP boards, Daily Quality Gate; along with the
knowledge transfer and PPS processes. Including the physical
updates to NC, Job Stops, Job Blockers and 3Cs.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- A Bachelors' degree in Aeronautical, Industrial or
Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent combination of education
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Aviation (Manufacturing
Engineering, Assembly Processes, Production method, etc.). or
- Experience with Quality / Logistics rules in aviation
- Demonstrate effective communication skills on different levels,
a structured way of working and the ability to deal with a volume
of complex information.
- Experience as a member and leader of an international team.
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer
screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the
giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in
office settings; Able to hear safety alerts and warning
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via
electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size
with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and
equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which
engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of
continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer
and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to
retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically
sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas,
around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or
outdoor surfaces other business interactions
- Space Limitations: Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US
positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work
authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform
their job duties may result in discipline up to and including
Keywords: Airbus Group, Mobile , Supervisor I Operations, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!