Company: Sirius Staffing
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Sirius Staffing is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist
for a long term opportunity in Pascagoula, MS. Details below:
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS: The following statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Observes
safety regulations and established operational procedures at all
times. Promotes and assists the safety department with safe
practices and efforts throughout the shipyard.
- Responsible for completing routine environmental reporting
requirements and performing environmental monitoring, which
includes: National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
Discharge Monitoring Reports, Resource Conservation & Recovery Act
(RCRA) Reports, Form R, SARA, Tier II Reporting, Annual Hazard
Waste Report, Title V Air Permit Reporting (Semi Annual and
Annual), NESHAP Reporting (Ship Repair subject to 40 CFR 63,
Subpart II and Surface Coating of Miscellaneous Metal Parts and
Products subject to 40 CFR 63, Subpart MMMM, Air Emission Reporting
Requirements (AERR), Annual Emissions Reporting Form (AERF),
knowledge of Criteria Air Pollutant (CAP), Hazardous Air Pollution
(HAPS) and Volatile Organic Hazardous Air Pollution (VOHAPS) for
- Responsible for reporting and working with all Shipyard
Departments in correcting instances of nonconformance that may
impact the Shipyard s regulatory compliance.
- Standards and best practices; Hazardous Waste Storage
Inspections, Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC), and
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Planning (SWPPP).
- Daily environmental reporting with Dust Control Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
ABILITIES: BS degree in Environmental Science preferred, and/or
Occupational Safety and Health
- 2 or more years of work experience as environmental
coordinator, including permitting and compliance experience in Air,
Water, & Waste permits
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative based on sound problem
solving skills; demonstrated leadership skills via personal
standards of conduct, work ethics, teamwork, etc.
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently
or with a team.
- Knowledge of the National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air
- Experience in the Shipbuilding and Ship Repair. For more
information or to apply, please reach out to Ashley Overstreet at
Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion,
gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any
other status protected by law. Associated topics: agriculture,
biodiversity, climate, ecological, environment, epa, field, waste,
water monitoring, wetlands
Keywords: Sirius Staffing, Mobile , Environmental Coordinator, Other , Pascagoula, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!