I-CORT Peer Support Specialist
Company: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, is actively seeking a
Peer Support Specialist for the I-CORT Team to provide services to
adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness. The Peer
Support Specialist position is located in Purvis, MS and will serve
individuals in both Lamar and Pearl River Counties. The Peer
Support Specialist position will provide peer services to
individuals enrolled in the I-CORT program. Some on-call duties
The Intensive Community Outreach and Recovery Team (I-CORT) is a
recovery and resiliency-oriented, intensive, community-based
rehabilitation and outreach service for adults with a severe and
persistent mental illness. I-CORT is a team-oriented approach to
mental health rehabilitation intervention and supports necessary to
assist individuals in achieving and maintaining rehabilitative,
resiliency, and recovery goals.
I-CORT services are provided primarily in natural settings and are
delivered face-to-face, by phone or video conference with the
individual and their family/significant other as appropriate, to
the primary well-being and benefit of the recipient. I-CORT assists
in the setting and attaining of individually defined
recovery/resiliency goals. I-CORT primary treatment objective is to
assist in keeping the individuals receiving the service in the
community in which they live avoiding placement in state-operated
behavioral health programs.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served
individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive
continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental
illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and
individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live,
work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our
thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison,
Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River,
Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to obtain Peer Support Certification from DMH
- Must have valid driver's license with satisfactory driving
- Reliable transportation needed to provide services in the
- Excellent communication skills required
- Assists individuals with severe and persistent mental illness
to make improvements in functioning, managing symptoms, achieving
individual goals, and maintaining optimism.
- Delivers services in community locations to enable each
individual to find and live in their own residence and find and
maintain work in community jobs.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the consumer served.
- Participates in team staffings and functions as a member of the
interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Position is mobile, which will require use of personal
- Provides clinical therapy services and emergency services to
individuals and their families.
- Provides community education services as needed.
Keywords: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, Mobile , I-CORT Peer Support Specialist, Other , Purvis, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!