SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facility: -Blackwater River Correctional and Rehabilitation
FacilityCompensation Base: -18.00/hrCompensation Bonus (if
applicable): -Equal Opportunity Employer.SummaryAssists in
developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide
education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol
abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group
counseling sessions and programs.Primary Duties and
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational
presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs
for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse
professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial
history on incoming residents as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements: -Minimum
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a
minimum B.A. degree, preferably in human services or C.A.A.P.
(Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure).
- Preference given to experience within a correctional
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics
Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual
and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the
ability to implement team strategy approaches to work
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Mobile , SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, Other , Milton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!