Company: Sirius Technical Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Sirius Staffing is currently seeking Safety Representatives for
multiple openings in Mobile, Alabama. These are considered long
term contract positions. DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the HS&E Department in ensuring compliance with
Client Safety Policies, Fire and Flooding Plan, Corporate, State,
and Federal regulations, and guidelines regarding occupational
safety & health.
- Works with employees at Client on safety issues and when
employees request assistance on a variety of safety and
risk/accident prevention concerns.
- Performs site and equipment inspections, assists in the
completion of accident investigations, and safety inspections.
- Perform safety surveys to identify and evaluate occupational
health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Responsible for performing comprehensive on-site inspections to
audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Recommends corrective actions for temporary work stoppages or
closings of areas.
- Provides first response medical assistance until the arrival of
Client medical team.
- Must be able to calibrate, use and interpret air monitoring
- Must be able to conduct monthly inspection programs (fire
extinguishers, air monitoring, vehicle checks and eye wash
stations) and complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must be willing and able to extinguish live fires at the
- Must be able to respond and mitigate small hazardous materials
spills in an expeditious manner.
- Must be able to work with other safety personnel, supervisor
and managers and to take direction.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. (E.g. operates the
ships on board fire suppression systems)
- Complies with Client s employee handbook general guidelines,
company procedures and policies. QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE /
- One (1) to three (3) years of related EHS experience and/or
combination of education and experience.
- Prior military, police or professional fire service may be
considered in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated skills in the working standards, concepts,
practices, and procedures within the health, safety and
- Must possess working industry knowledge and have basic OSHA
safety training certifications in one of the following work groups,
29 CFR 1915, 1910 or 1926.
- Must possess or have the desire and ability to complete an OSHA
and NFPA training in order to be recognized as a marine competent
person for hot work inspections.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with employees at
all levels within the organization and the ability to work in a
diverse work group.
- Must possess or have the desire and ability to obtain with-in
six (6) months from date of hire to complete a medical first
- Must possess the willingness and ability to work in close and
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, inclusive of
Holidays and work in On Call Situations.
- Must have the ability to remain calm, unemotional and in
control when faced with angry or confrontational employees.
- Demonstrated beginner level or higher PC skills in Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Publisher and Adobe products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and
- Perform prolonged standing.
- Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical
- Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about
the vertical axis.
- Lift/push/pull 50lbs to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
- Lift/push/pull up to 20lbs on a frequent basis.
- Must have the ability to climb in an unrestrained safe manner
(climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and
- Ability to work at heights above 12 while working from ladders,
scaffolding and/or manlifts.
- Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye,
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use
required tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and
- Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and
operate tools and equipment.
- Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat,
safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety
harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA
- Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
- Ability to enter 18 x 36 openings and work in confined spaces
for prolonged periodsof time.
- Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
- Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
- Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead,
reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down.
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as
size, shape, temperature, and texture by means of receptors in the
hands and fingers. For more information or to apply, please email
resumes to Ashley Overstreet at Sirius Staffing is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such
as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Associated topics: diligence, ehs, health, health and safety, osha,
recycle, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage
Keywords: Sirius Technical Services, Mobile , Safety Representative, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!