We Are Hiring:
Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network
of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices,
rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to
communities in South Alabama and across Northwest
When you join
our team, you join a true work family. You will feel supported,
encouraged, and benefit from a work-life balance and career growth
Certified Medical Assistant
Gulf Breeze, FL
Tiger Point Multi Provider
Sacred Heart Emerald Coast
Additional Job Details:
M-F, No holidays or weekends
What You Will Do:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Long term / Short Term disability
Life Insurance & AD&D
Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
403b with company match
Paid vacation time off
Faith based work environment
Legal services and much more!
Assist with the examination and treatment
of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or
Advanced Practice Provider).
What You Will Need:
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information
on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well
as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to,
laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of
Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Credential from the American Medical Certification
Association also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcareer
Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association
for Health Professionals obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Allied Health
National Certification and Registration obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical
Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based
health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the
caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities.
When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals,
outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation
centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life
balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact
in your community, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more