Family Advocacy Nurse (FAN), FAP EAST
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Eglin AFB
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Family Advocacy Nurses are responsible for implementing and
managing the Installation New Parent Support Program (NPSP) while
functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary Family Advocacy
Program team with the goal of delivering comprehensive home-based
prevention services to families for maltreatment prevention. The
Family Advocacy Nurse’s overall role will encompass providing
education and support. The FAN shall interface with the Military
Treatment Facility (MTF) Chief Nurse regarding standards of nursing
practice and integration into the MTF. The FAN shall be responsible
for remaining current in relevant areas of maternal/child and
family violence nursing practice.
- Provides education, support, and anticipatory guidance in such
areas as growth and development across the life span, nutrition,
parenting, attachment and bonding individual and family health
related issues, family violence dynamics, problem solving, family
communication skills and bereavement.
- Delivers comprehensive home-based prevention services to
families for maltreatment prevention.
- Remains current in relevant areas of maternal/child and family
violence nursing practice.
- Nursing practice shall meet standards of the American Nurses
Association (ANA) and other pertinent nursing organizations, and
MTF nursing guidance/standard of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the NPSP services he/she provides
and assumes responsibility for the oversight and completion of the
administrative duties that support NPSP processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited
institution; not currently under investigation of any adverse
action pending from a State Nursing Board.
- Registered nurse and maintain a current U.S. unrestricted state
nursing license on file.
- Two years’ post BSN experience (within the last four years) as
a Community Health Nurse or Maternal Child Health nursing, or
direct experience in child abuse or domestic abuse. Experience in
home visiting is highly encouraged.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check
with Inquiries (NACI) Tier 1 Clearance.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support Certification: the
American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS) (Course
C) or the American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR)/BLS (Heart Saver) Course.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment
including but not limited to computer, phones and related media and
information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in
person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Able to work under time pressure and rapidly for long
periods to meet deadlines.
- Before starting work, FAP personnel working with Military
Treatment Facilities shall provide proof of immunization from the
following diseases according to CDC guidelines: Hepatitis B,
measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and influenza, and proof of a
negative TB skin test prior to start of work. Negative TB skin test
completed within the past 12 months (if positive, proof of negative
chest X-ray within the past 12 months).
Family Advocacy Nurse (FAN), FAP EAST
Bachelors: Nursing (Required)
Certifications - Required
BLS - Basic Life Support - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State
and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Mobile , Family Advocacy Nurse (FAN), FAP EAST, Other , Eglin AFB, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!