Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Tactical Buyer, in Mobile, AL
Position Summary: Responsible for the acquisition of goods and/or
services within assigned group. Apply Company general procurement
procedures and guidelines. Maximize opportunities to consolidate
orders, quantities to acquire higher discounts, related offers.
- Applies Company general procurement procedures and rules to
acquisition of items and services within the FAL.
- Is authorized to issue RFQ for less than $100k. Can issue
non-competitive P.O.s for less than $25k; must review two or more
bids for orders over $25k.
- Serves as the daily link to the customer validating needs,
adequacy of items ordered and delivered; levels of satisfaction
with items and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain an efficient supply chain within
designated area capable of delivering goods/work packages
(services), matching Company requirements and business
- Work with customers to ensure deliverables are in line with
contract terms (cost, time, quality) especially on routinely
- Establish, maintain and enhance continuous commercial
relationships with suppliers in order to secure work with
best-in-class suppliers and to preserve the best interests of the
- Develop understanding and cultivate customers' understanding of
the Company savings Programs and work cooperatively to achieve
savings even from lower value purchases.
- Facilitate general procurement transactions to fill business
needs and provide internal customers with goods and services in
compliance with the General Procurement procedures and guidelines
and with the respective commodity strategies and borderlines
defined by the Community management organization to the customers'
- Perform other duties as assigned. Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate on project teams on general procurement projects
for the FAL in vendor evaluation, audits, to identify new/alternate
sources/suppliers and similar efforts.
- Engage with colleagues to share information regarding vendors
as well as internal customers to identify particularly effective
and consistently poor providers to generally upgrade General
- Establish relationships with customers that enable clear and
effective identification of needs and mutual understanding of
feedback. Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- At least three years of general procurement/purchasing
experience with technical items.
- Knowledge of additional functions including: finance,
negotiation and communication skills.
- Exposure to work-focused team(s). Education/Special
- A Bachelors' degree in Business or Engineering or a related
field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Fluency in English sufficient to fully engage in
- Fluency in French, German or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Working
- Vision: Able to see to operate a personal computer and create
documents; make presentations in small and large groups and observe
items, processes, storage areas, delivery systems,
- Hearing: Able to hear to participate in phone and in-person
conversations also able to hear sirens, alarms and other
- Speaking: Able to speak and conduct conversations often for
extended periods of time in meetings, negotiations and
- EquipmentOperation: Able to operate personal computer and other
standard office equipment and to use badge to enter facilities
- Carrying: Able to carry up to 10lbs/5kg.
- Lifting: Able to lift up to 10lbs/5kg.
- Pushing /Pulling: Able to push/pull items over short distances
and only on
- Sitting: Able to sit for long periods of time in meetings;
drafting computer-based documents, sometimes with limited
- Squatting / Kneeling: Able to occasionally squat and kneel
occasionally mainly to replace or retrieve items from low
- Standing: Able to stand for long periods of time, touring
vendor facilities, travelling and similar
- Travel: Able to travel domestically and internationally
sometimes on short notice and sometimes for long periods of
- Walking: Able to walk as needed for extended periods of time
and distance for travel; touring vendor premises,PDS Tech, Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status. Founded in
1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty
staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Mobile , Tactical Buyer, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!