A/C Structure Assemblers
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Our client in Mobile, AL is seeking Structures Assemblers
Position Summary: Responsible for the structural installation of
parts and major components in the manufacturing of the aircraft
within assigned station area. Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform repair work (concessions/discrepancies).
- Positioning and assembly of components.
- Rework of external skin damage of the aircraft.
- Work in compliance with production orders, design documents,
concessions and inspection procedures.
- Prepare and solve queries, ensure follow-up and give
- Examine and sort work orders and drawings.
- Prepare job station for daily activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualified Experience / Skills
/ Training: This assignment will require rotating through first and
second shift at a scheduled rotation. Education: Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings
provided by the Company after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings Preferred:
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the
use of application tools and in application techniques. Experience:
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent
or some experience may be substituted for an A&P
- Previous hands-on experience with drilling tools, templates,
drilling machines, fasteners, and torqueing tools Preferred:
- 5+ years minimum experience in Aviation Production Knowledge,
Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of station safety, quality (clean as you go/FOD) and
OSHA regulations. Communication Skills (Spoken, Written,
Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Technical
- Able to enter, generate and retrieve information using a
computer (SAP and Excel knowledge required) Physical Requirements:
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer
screens. Able to identify markings and digital outputs on
calibrated tools. Able to identify individuals to initiate
greetings, the giving of directions and other business
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in
office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via
electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size
with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and
equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while
engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of
continuous improvement projects.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and
work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within
a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights: able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on
various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer
and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to
retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically
sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice. Able to
work outside hangers in changing locations.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas,
around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or
outdoor surfaces other business interactionsPDS Tech, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Founded in 1977,
PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing
firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Mobile , A/C Structure Assemblers, Other , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!