Cabin Stress Technical Coordinator Engineer
The Cabin Stress Technical Coordinator Engineer will apply
knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry
practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering
solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned
engineering project teams.
• Plan, organize and prioritize work contents based on project
• Perform detailed stress analysis of aircraft cabin or cargo
components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element
methods, to support the structural design efforts of new and
modified components from the conceptual phase to development and
• Generate stress substantiation reports.
• Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance
with the Client’s standards and regulatory requirements.
• Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test
reports when delegated.
• Coordinate with design engineers, team lead, suppliers and
technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or
exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory
• Coordinate stress activities for the Client and Suppliers
• Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews and is
responsible to present stress findings and challenge design
• Develop research plans and participate in industry committees
at company's request. Maintains a current knowledge of developments
in the field of Structural Mechanics in order to recommend
innovations to improve the quality, performance, cost of the
• Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable
• Provide guidance to junior level stress engineers with regards
to analysis methods, process or tools.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for
completing work assignments.
Experience / Skills / Training:
• 5 to 8 years’ experience
• Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics
and Strength of Materials.
• Good leadership and communication skills.
• Minimum of 5 years in cabin or cargo compartment stress
• Experience in static (FE and free-body), fatigue and transient
analysis, Nastran, Patran, HyperWorks.
• Familiar with FAA/EASA Aircraft regulatory requirements.
• Able to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
Education / Special Qualifications:
Bachelor's or master’s degree (B.S or M.S.) in Mechanical,
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
• Health insurance
• Paid holidays
• Weekly payroll
• Immediate 401(k) eligibility
• Completion Bonuses
• Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including
Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive,
and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and
years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that
our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more
about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$