Legal Assistant - Criminal Defense
Company: Glenn M. Swiatek, Criminal Defense Attorney, PA
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information,
evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting
attorney's trial proceedings.
* Work from home. Flexible hours -32 - 40 hours per week.
* Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files;
monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions;
inputting information into file database and case management
software; confirming case status with attorney.
* Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved
in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding
summonses and subpoenas; drafting simple motions and notices;
preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to
opposing counsel; generating status reports.
* Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case
* Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with
attorney, clients, and providers.
* Supports single attorney by: preparing pleadings; monitoring and
obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for case
* Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing
exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready
when needed; taking courtroom notes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Calendaring Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills,
Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention
to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality.
Works with a variety of legal software and Microsoft Word.
Keywords: Glenn M. Swiatek, Criminal Defense Attorney, PA, Mobile , Legal Assistant - Criminal Defense, Legal , Crestview, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!