RN Registered Nurse - Admissions - Mobile
Posted on: January 16, 2019
We Are Hiring RN Registered Nurse - Admissions - PreSurgery 001 - Full-Time,Day - Providence Hospital - Mobile,ALWhy Join Ascension? Thank you for your interest in Providence Hospital and its affiliated physician network, Providence Medical Group, longtime providers of quality healthcare to the people of Mobile.Known for its historic streets lined with massive live oaks, Mobile is a picturesque city situated on Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico. More than 600,000 people call Mobile "home." Here you'll find a family-oriented community steeped in rich southern tradition with an eye to the future. Delicious seafood from nearby waters, year-round recreational opportunities, good schools and affordable housing create the area's desirable coastal lifestyle.Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services. Outpatient services include an outpatient diagnostic center and a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center. Providence has been designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries and has earned Gold status from the American Heart Association for its congestive heart failure program, reflecting a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes. Primary care services are provided by Providence Medical Group through offices located across southeastern Mississippi and southern Alabama.As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Providence offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being. Every day, the work of our talented associates reflects an unwavering commitment to serve, to care and to heal.More information about Providence is available at . What You Will Do As a Registered Nurse with Providence Hospital-AL, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and facilitates patient admission according to patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Mobile , RN Registered Nurse - Admissions - Mobile, IT / Software / Systems , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!