Office Professional (Mobile)
Company: AltaPointe Health Systems
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Adult Outpatient Programs provide the least restrictive level of
care where adults may receive clinical interventions aimed at
decreasing existing signs and symptoms. Outpatient treatment
focuses on recovery, problem resolution, symptom reduction,
stabilization and/or prevention of movement to a higher level of
care. Treatment varies widely and depends upon the consumer's
presenting symptoms.Office professionals work in an outpatient,
clinical setting and are responsible for daily reception duties
such as fielding phone calls from consumers, verifying insurance,
collecting co-pays, and scheduling and re-scheduling appointments;
assisting with posting to and collecting on consumer accounts; and
assisting with other administrative duties as assigned. -Essential
- Greets all consumers
- Cancels and re-schedules appointments as necessary
- Have consumers sign in
- Answers telephone
- Receives consumer requests for appointments/information and
- Records all telephone messages accurately and transfers to
appropriate person timely
- Handles routine requests from clinicians
- Keys in no shows daily
- Directs consumers to appropriate waiting area
- Handles unscheduled consumers.
- Requests consumers chart from medical records
- Notifies appropriate clinician of consumer's arrival
- Schedules return appointments.
- Reviews DSR for appointment information
- Reviews clinician's schedule and assigns appointment time
- Gives consumer appointment card with next scheduled
- Protects and maintains the confidentiality of all records and
- May perform Quality Assurance Process
- Completes administrative review audits as necessary
- Makes copies, faxes documents and performs other related
clerical duties as needed
- Adheres to 5 Star Customer Service guidelines when dealing with
Team Leader, co-workers and patients.
- Verifying Insurance
- Passing out prescriptions from the doctor to the Consumer
- Assists with the patient assistance pharmacy forms as needed,
which includes communicating with the Consumer regarding proof of
- Collecting Co-Payments
- Posting Payments to Consumers account
- Write the consumer a receipt for payments taken.
- Preparing deposits to be taken to Finance and Accounting.
- Enter Billing for various programs as needed.
- Entering information into Avatar
- Assist Consumers in receiving compensation for travel from
Medicaid when needed
- Completes - Admissions, Discharges, and Transfers as
- Coordinate appropriate services for consumers in Crisis
- Pass out Daily DSR reports
- Taking Verbal orders to be signed by various medical staff
- May perform relief for other staff members
- Assists with and works with all organization personnel involved
with any aspect of release of protected health information to
ensure full coordination and cooperation under the organization's
policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Monitors dictation and transcription services
- Files and locates charts for clinicians as needed
- Seeks supervision and consultation as needed
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance skills
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects consumers' privacy and confidentiality
- Works in a cooperative manner with other AltaPointe
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don't inhibit ability to relate and care for
- Is sensitive to the consumer's needs, expectations and
- Is gentle and calm with consumers, families, and others as
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures.
- Attends appropriate in-service training and other work- shops
offered by AltaPointe. -Physical Requirements
- There is occasional standing and walking which are in bursts of
- Sitting is constant at the front desk during the shift.
- Frequently lift 3-5 pounds to handle consumer charts throughout
the day, and usually not handling more than 2-3 charts at a
- Light grasp is needed while handling consumer charts and to
open doors, done frequently.
- Fine manipulation and dexterity to handle paperwork in charts,
writing, computer keyboarding and/or entry, mouse usage, phone
usage, and using key pad on security door is frequent.
- Any other duties that are assigned by supervisor.High school
graduate or equivalent. Must be 23 years of age or older; has and
maintains a valid Alabama driver's license with a good driving
record and must have proof of current liability
insurance.AltaPointe requires that all new employees be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. AltaPointe allows candidates who are
not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of
time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires
vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved
accommodation for religious or medical reasons. - -
Keywords: AltaPointe Health Systems, Mobile , Office Professional (Mobile), IT / Software / Systems , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!