Posted on: May 16, 2020
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. ("Uniti") is searching for Cable
Technician. The Cable Technician is responsible for installation,
modification, repair and maintenance of voice, video and data
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5,
Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution
* Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and
pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and
labeling cables to industry standards.
* Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and
coaxial connectors, light crimp connectors and optical fiber ST
and/or SC ceramic connectors.
* Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode)
cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate
test equipment as required.
* Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
* Removal and demolition abandoned cables.
* Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI,
EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with
exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask,
attention to detail, and effective communication skills both
written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong
interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a
fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates
with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
Education and/or Experience
* Prefer candidates who have experience with CAT 5 cable.
* Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
* Position requires daily travel to worksites and routinely
requires overnight travel.
* Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures
* Sitting, standing, and walking
* Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, bending, and stooping
* Hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary
* Keyboarding, typing
* Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling
device and/or a paper copy
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Uniti, Mobile , Cable Tech, IT / Software / Systems , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!