Director of Dining Services
Company: Proveer at Heritage Woods
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Position Summary:The Dining Services Director plans, organizes,
develops, and directs the overall operations of the Dining Services
Department. Provides residents and visitors with the best
experience in hospitality and nutritious meals, in accordance with
all laws, regulations and Proveer Senior Living standards.Essential
- Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within
scheduled time frame.
- Responsible for ensuring scratch cooking with any pre-made
items by approval only.
- May be required to act as lead Chef up to 3 days per week.
- Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
- Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and
- Assures compliance with state sanitation code.
- Orders all supplies and maintains inventory control. Verifies
orders received, assuring needed goods are on hand. Ensures that
all budgetary guidelines are achieved.
- Supervises food service functions.
- Maintains quality of food services, quantity prepared and
sanitation of food preparation area.
- Maintains clean, neat, and safe working environment.
- Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are
- Assures staff, Resident and guest meals are accounted for
- Maintains meal service records as required.
- Reports problems, concerns, issues observed with foodservice
and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and
communicates them appropriately.
- Observes other problems and communicates them
- Observes all work, safety, and administrative rules.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakages and waste of supplies and
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire,
life safety, disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A passion for helping seniors
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a minimum of at least five years of related
experience in a related position, or as a chef, or in another
related culinary role
- Must be able to operate standard food production equipment
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several
Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel,
Outlook, Email, etc.), and other office equipment (e.g. scanners,
copiers, and fax machines)
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations
(addition, subtraction and multiplication) in support of financial
responsibilities, budget, and personnel actions
- Excellent communication skills are required including the
ability to speak, write and read English
- Must be able to explain and communicate information to a wide
audience and at different levels of understanding, both in writing
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant, and to remain calm during stressful or emergency
- Must always be able to deal tactfully and professionally with
personnel, residents, family members, and guestPSL is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss
potential accommodations with PSL.
Keywords: Proveer at Heritage Woods, Mobile , Director of Dining Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...