Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business.
Founded in 1926, we continue to be an industry leader in providing
products and solutions used in all industrial automation assembly,
manufacturing, and commercial & contractor applications.
Irby Electric continues to be one of the largest electrical
distribution companies in the southeastern region of the United
States, with a geographical footprint of 27 branches, spanning 7
states, composed of over 400 highly dedicated associates. Our
business has experienced incredible growth in recent years due to
our focused business strategy, digital transformation, and
customer-focused solutions. As an operating company of the Sonepar
USA family, we unite with a group of the finest locally managed
electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United
States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Position is responsible for the entire P&L of the District,
which includes the following branch locations in the Gulf South:
Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola. Manage and direct all aspects of the
District -including outside sales, inside sales, counter sales and
all branch operations. The role responsibility encompasses overall
strategy, direction and execution for the District. This role
reports to one of the two VP's of Sales & Operations for the
Commercial, Contractor & Industrial business segment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate and partner with Marketing, HR, Purchasing, Credit,
Finance, IT and Logistics to drive immediate and long-term C&I
business strategy & results.
- Oversees all branch and warehouse sales & operations within
- Builds upon and strengthens relationships with vendors.
- Drives e-commerce, digital platforms and other company
- Evaluate financial results for segment/branches that will lead
to positive impact to the long-term growth and profitability of the
company; financial results, customer relationships, and associate
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products sold or services
performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and
obtain competitive position in industry.
- Directs, coordinates and/or delegates activities of Sales and
technical resources in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, budgets and forecast
data to determine progress toward stated Sales goals and
- Confers with direct line and company leaders to review
achievements and discuss required changes in goals, objectives,
programs, or operations resulting from current status and
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade
- Focus on long-term growth, people development and building a
- Focused on driving District to 5%+ EBIT
- 7+ years Previous Sales and/or Operations Leadership
- Leader with successful track record of talent acquisition
- Proven developer of people
- Excellent relationship builder
- Advanced MS Office & Excel skills
- Sales learning experience
- Operations management
- Excellent project management skills
- Fast paced & flexible
- Collaborative team player
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience leading 20M + P&L
- Electrical distribution industry experience
- Strong relationships with vendors
- Experience with e-commerce and digital sales
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Mobile , District Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!