Marvin's - Yard Associate
Company: McLendon Hardware
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Yard and warehouse associates are responsible for providing
excellent customer service while handling merchandise, unloading or
loading trucks, and waiting on customers. Yard and warehouse
associates must protect company assets such as trucks and forklifts
and must always act in a safe and professional manner.
Customer Service and Inventory Maintenance:
* Greet customers or professional contractors in a friendly manner
upon entry into the yard or warehouse.
* Operate forklift to merchandise and stock yard and warehouse.
* Assist truck drivers in delivery of merchandise to homeowners and
job sites using company equipment.
* Load materials into customers' vehicles or on to company delivery
vehicles, after validating type and quantity based on the record of
the transaction from the company's point-of-sale system.
* Develop thorough expertise related to operation of the forklifts,
warehouse lifts, pallet jacks, or other equipment utilized for
product movement at the store.
* Unload incoming freight, taking care not to damage the incoming
goods or the equipment that belongs to the carrier.
* Accurately build loads and prepare materials for delivery before
delivery takes place.
* Identify product shortages and out-of-stocks and report to store
* Maintain yard and warehouse maintenance in clean and orderly
* Assist cashiers or other store personnel as requested when
customers need help with items taken through the register, such as
bagged goods or bulky items.
* Assist with contractor sales counter functions as necessary.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
* Possess strong working knowledge of store security measures as
they relate to delivery and yard operations.
* Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders,
* Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at
* Attend and participate at regular safety meetings with store
* Prepare delivered inventory in a manner that best protects
against loss and theft (proper banding and strapping, tarps as
necessary, job site drops, etc.)
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the
store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a
satisfactory manner. Qualifications include forklift certification,
some delivery experience, experience dealing with the public, basic
math skills, and satisfactory reading, writing, and speaking
skills. Knowledge of lumber, building materials, and material
handling is preferred. Must be able to lift and load merchandise
weighing up to 100 lbs. for various amounts of time, place
merchandise in locations above six feet in height, unload a
delivery truck, climb a ladder, and maneuver safely at store, in
yard or warehouse, and at job sites. High school diploma or
equivalent is preferred.
This job is an hourly position (not exempt from overtime). Though
successful yard and warehouse associates may be considered for
other opportunities within the company, the position carries no
guarantee of career progression. The job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable
equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities
Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable
accommodation from the company.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC
Keywords: McLendon Hardware, Mobile , Marvin's - Yard Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Monroeville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!