Company: Shrimp Basket
Location: Orange Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
To demonstrate genuine hospitality and deliver exceptional customer
service in the bar area, by consistently mixing, garnishing and
serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to company
specifications for customers at the bar and in the restaurant
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of Shrimp Basket food and beverage
preparation, menu and specials.
2. Take orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and non-alcoholic
beverages and food items.
3. Prepare orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and non-alcoholic
4. Able to use a computer to ring orders into a POS
5. Refill drinks as requested by customers.
6. Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
7. Able to interact with customers, management and co-workers in a
8. Must be able to pass Responsible Vendor; Service of Alcohol test
with a score of 90% or better (Alabama stores only)
9. Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age
to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a
polite manner to guests who are not of legal age and notify
10. Observe guests behavior and assist if over indulge has occur
(i.e. offer a taxi)
11. Treat customers with respect and always strive to exceed
12. Helping customers be aware of and choose menu items,
suggestively sell food and beverage items, taking orders and making
customers feel taken care of during their visit
13. Keeping the bar stocked (beer, wine and liquor) and clean while
always providing friendly and attentive service
14. Maintain a clean work station
15. Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair
and personal hygiene are essential.
16. Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
17. Other duties as directed by management.
18. Report to required meetings.
Competencies and Skills
1. Customer Focus.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Organizational Skills.
4. Stress Management/Composure.
5. Time Management.
6. Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve
7. Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
8. Excellent communication skills (including asking for
clarification on tasks, policies and procedures).
9. Multi-task oriented.
10. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
11. Must have good command of the English language, both oral and
12. Must be attentive.
13. Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive
14. Must complete Responsible Vendor training program (where
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close
proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment
can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts,
slipping and tripping. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Walk and stand during entire shift.
Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
Remain stationary for long periods of time.
Frequently wash hands.
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure,
pour, serve, carry and wipe.
Be able to hear and talk.
Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent
weekend and evenings work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance training.
2. Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve
3. High school diploma or GED.
4. Prior experience working in a restaurant.
5. Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with
standard drink recipes.
Keywords: Shrimp Basket, Mobile , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Orange Beach, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!