RN Register Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring RN-ICU - Medical ICU 5N - Full-Time,Night - Providence Hospital - Mobile,AL Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Medical Intensive Care Unit or MICU nurses at Providence Hospital. Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services located in Mobile, Alabama. Our MICU department consists of 11 beds and has an average 2:1 patient to nurse ratio. What you will do: As an MICU nurse, you will care for critically ill adult patients ranging in age from 18 years and older who are being treated for Acute Respiratory Failure, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), Multisystem Organ System Failure, Sepsis, Drug Overdoses, Gastrointestinal Bleeds, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Hypertensive Crisis, Acute/Chronic Renal Failure, Liver Failure/Cirrhosis, and various other critical illnesses. Having a variety of patients admitted to the MICU allows for the development of critical thinking and intensive care assessment skills. The environment on our unit is upbeat, challenging, and embraces a strong team collaboration with nurses and physicians. Our nurses are successful because they have strong communication skills to collaborate with other members of the health care team, have the ability to take ownership in shared decision making, and develop a very broad set of skills to care for a wide range of patient diagnoses.We encourage professional growth. If your career goal is to develop a broad range of critical care skills and knowledge, the Medical Intensive Care Unit provides a strong foundation for learning in a collaborative team environment. Why join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve. When it comes to professional development, we offer many continuing education opportunities.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Providence Hospital prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Alabama. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us. What you will need:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Equal Employment Opportunity Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Mobile , RN Register Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!