Respiratory Therapist (RT)
Company: Providence Hospital, AL
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Job ID: 217742 Respiratory Therapist (RT) Mobile, Alabama Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Therapist - Respiratory - Reg City, State: Mobile,AL Location: Providence Hospital Department: Respiratory Therapy Additional Job Details: FT Day 72 Hours Bi Weekly About Us Thank you for your interest in Providence Hospital and its affiliated physician network, Providence Medical Group, longtime providers of quality healthcare to the people of Mobile. Known for its historic streets lined with massive live oaks, Mobile is a picturesque city situated on Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico. More than 600,000 people call Mobile "home." Here you'll find a family-oriented community steeped in rich southern tradition with an eye to the future. Delicious seafood from nearby waters, year-round recreational opportunities, good schools and affordable housing create the area's desirable coastal lifestyle. Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services. Outpatient services include an outpatient diagnostic center and a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center. Providence has been designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries and has earned Gold status from the American Heart Association for its congestive heart failure program, reflecting a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes. Primary care services are provided by Providence Medical Group through offices located across southeastern Mississippi and southern Alabama. As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Providence offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being. Every day, the work of our talented associates reflects an unwavering commitment to serve, to care and to heal. Job Description Job Summary: The Therapist - Respiratory - Reg provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care program required. How To Apply Providence Hospital believes in transferring and promoting qualified employees to positions of increased responsibility or opportunity whenever that action is most appropriate. Please note: Associates must have completed the six month entry probation period before applying for transfer to another position. Please refer to Providence Hospital Transfer Policy 3.01.80 for additional information. For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at . Equal Employment Opportunity Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Keywords: Providence Hospital, AL, Mobile , Respiratory Therapist (RT), Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!