Company: Providence Hospital, AL
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Job ID: 258617 Surgical Technologist Mobile, Alabama Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Technologist-Surgical City, State: Mobile,AL Location: Providence Hospital Department: Surgery Additional Job Details: PRN Day About Us Thank you for your interest in Providence Hospital and its affiliated physician network, Providence Medical Group, longtime providers of quality healthcare to the people of Mobile. Known for its historic streets lined with massive live oaks, Mobile is a picturesque city situated on Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico. More than 600,000 people call Mobile "home." Here you'll find a family-oriented community steeped in rich southern tradition with an eye to the future. Delicious seafood from nearby waters, year-round recreational opportunities, good schools and affordable housing create the area's desirable coastal lifestyle. Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services. Outpatient services include an outpatient diagnostic center and a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center. Providence has been designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries and has earned Gold status from the American Heart Association for its congestive heart failure program, reflecting a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes. Primary care services are provided by Providence Medical Group through offices located across southeastern Mississippi and southern Alabama. As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Providence offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being. Every day, the work of our talented associates reflects an unwavering commitment to serve, to care and to heal. Job Description Job Summary: The Surgican Technologist facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures. Responsibilities:
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Surgical Tech obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred. Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience. How To Apply Providence Hospital believes in transferring and promoting qualified employees to positions of increased responsibility or opportunity whenever that action is most appropriate. Please note: Associates must have completed the six month entry probation period before applying for transfer to another position. Please refer to Providence Hospital Transfer Policy 3.01.80 for additional information. Equal Employment Opportunity Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Keywords: Providence Hospital, AL, Mobile , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!