RN Outpatient, Adult Outpatient (AOT)
Company: AltaPointe Health
Posted on: February 9, 2024
- Assists with the completion of the assessment process for
- Administer medications, observing the Seven Rights of
- Provide education regarding patients disease process.
- Provide medication education for the patient and family,
including uses and potential side effects.
- Monitor patients for potential side effects of medications and
reports findings to the physician.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with
other specialists as required and adjust nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Accurately assign triage categories.
- Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including
patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses, pain
management and assessment of changes.
- Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and family.
- Communicate effectively with the physician regarding the
patients physical and mental condition
- Administer medical and psychiatric screenings as needed (PHQ-2,
- Complete nurse workup portion in NextGen
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by presiding
physician (i.e. PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, etc.)
- Administer injections or treatments and performs routine
- Provide support for medical assistants to assure conformance
with established standards and procedural requirements.
- Respond to patients request for medication refills
- Interfaces with the multi-disciplinary team and actively and
cooperatively participates in development of the interdisciplinary
- Monitor laboratory results and reports all abnormal findings to
- Provide emergency care as needed (CPR, MindSet, PRN
medications), according to the Accordia Health Policy and
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis
state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation
- Participate in general and medical staff meetings as
- Educate the community and patients on health issues to increase
- May conduct infection control for staff and patients when
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Effectively demonstrates the application of nursing
- Adhere to professional code of ethics Supervision and
- Seek clinical supervision and consultation needs
- Accept and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively work to enhance clinical skills Clinical Record
- Documents in a timely fashion per Accordia Health policy
- Documents in a clear, concise manner, types of patient
problems, treatment goals and services provided
- Documentation shows that forms, notes, logs, and other
applicable written information are completed promptly, accurately
and updated when appropriate
- Document legibly Courteous and respectful attitudes towards
patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Treats patients with care, dignity and respect
- Respects patients privacy and confidentiality
- Assist patients and visitors as needed
- Promote a professional atmosphere Administrative and Other
related duties as Assigned:
- Actively participate in Performance Improvement activities
- Actively participate in Accordia Health committees as
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Access appropriate community resources according to patient
- Follow Accordia Health Policy & Procedures
- Maintains current State license and requirements for renewals
(i.e. CEUs), and attends to required in-services and workshops
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- There is frequent standing while getting files, paperwork, and
handing out medication.
- Sitting is frequent by nature and up to 5-10 minutes; however,
extended sitting could be up to 1.5 to 3 hours for
- Squatting and/or lunging frequently to stock supplies and
retrieve needed material from file cabinets and book shelves.
- Fine manipulation for writing, handling paperwork, and
dispensing medications to patients.
- Pushing and/or pulling force up to 1-5 pounds force,
horizontally, to open file cabinets and place binders on book
- Lifting various ranges from the floor to overhead with weights
up to 1-5 pounds frequently.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications:Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of
Alabama. Must possess Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Knowledge in adult/geriatric and child/adolescent specialty,
outlined below, to be attained within (6) six months of employment:
- Knowledge of general nursing care.
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders in the adult
- Demonstration of safe medication administration practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to the patients served.
- Knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms
associated with adult psychiatric care and/or substance abuse
- Maintain current knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical
- Knowledge of behavior management, crisis intervention and,
interventions common to acute psychotic as well as to non-violent
crisis intervention practice.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate educational methods.
- Understanding of behavioral, psychological, physical health and
social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco
on the patient and their significant others.Knowledge of effects
and treatment of physical/sexual/emotional abuse and neglect
Keywords: AltaPointe Health, Mobile , RN Outpatient, Adult Outpatient (AOT), Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!