RESPIRATORY THERAPIST REGISTER
Company: Baptist Health Care
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Respiratory Therapist evaluates, treats, and cares for patients
with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. This position
practices under the direction of a physician. The position provides
bedside respiratory care to patients as assigned by supervisors and
given on the physician's written order for both in house and out
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of
medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and
- Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the
policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities to
include: Small Volume Nebulizer (SVN), Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI,
Invasive and non-invasive Ventilator Management, , Oxygen Therapy,
Lung volume expansion protocols, ventilator weaning protocols.
- Performs arterial punctures using radial, brachial, and femoral
sites independently. Draws off arterial lines to obtain sample for
blood gas analysis.
- Performs all aspects of artificial airway care.
- Sets up and maintenance of infant oxygen devices, and
- Familiar with oxygen delivery systems (i.e., nasal, Heated High
Flow Nasal Canulas, venuturi mask, Heated tracheostomy masks).
- Responsible for the set up, safety check, monitoring, and
troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators
- Maintains accurate and legible records, documenting clinical
notes in patient's charts.
- Participates in reporting patient progress, and prioritizing
patient condition to the next shift.
- Be a member of the "code team" responding to arrest situations
and CAT calls.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure.
- Minimum Education
- Associates Degree Respiratory Required or
- Certificate of Completion Respiratory Preferred
- Minimum Work Experience
- Clinical rotations from an accredited respiratory practitioner
- Licenses and Certifications
- Respiratory Care Practition-CC Licensed State of Florida Upon
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association
Upon Hire Required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 Days Required
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Teach, train, supervise, or use the assistance of students,
respiratory therapy technicians, or assistants.
- Experience working in critical care as a respiratory therapist
and working closely with hospital management to determine patient
- Meets patient respiratory therapy goals by evaluating
therapeutic treatment plans; developing treatment options.
- Evaluates respiratory therapy treatment plan effectiveness by
observing, recording, and evaluating patient progress and
recommends and necessary adjustments to treatment plan.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the
respiratory therapy department as defined in the scope of service,
to assure that the unique nature of the client is addressed. This
includes, but is not limited to the age of the client served.
- Contributes to respiratory therapy services and organization
success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping
others accomplish job results.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and
teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing
exercises or the use of medications or respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrated current theoretic and clinical expertise with
respect to community Respiratory Therapy Practices and
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Mobile , RESPIRATORY THERAPIST REGISTER, Healthcare , Gulf Breeze, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!