RN- ASC / PACU - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 16, 2022
RN- ASC / PACUPURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FVC/FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FVC/FMS policy requirements.
Provides direct nursing care pre, during and post procedure, under
the direction of the Facility Manager and/or Charge Registered
Nurse, utilizing standard nursing techniques to assist the
physician in optimum patient outcomes following facility policies
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for supporting and driving FVC quality standards
through meeting regulatory and accrediting body requirements and
the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use
of FVC/FMS CQI tools.
* Assists with implementation of FVC quality goals and facility
specific action plans in order to achieve FVC quality
* Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FVC quality goals, to ensure that FVC/FMC policies and
procedures are followed.
* Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and
action thresholds in collaboration with facility management.
* Maintains integrity of medical records and other FVC
administrative and operational records.
* Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
* Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.
* Obtains necessary medical history, discusses procedure and
answers questions, and performs nursing assessment on the day of
* Provides education to patients and patient's family regarding
post procedure care of vascular access.
* Monitors patient condition before, during and after the
procedure, especially patients having moderate sedation and
contrast media injections for possible complications or
* Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns
* Identifies and communicates patient related issues to facility
management, as needed.
* Completes documentation of patient information from admission to
discharge in an accurate manner.
* Confirm written orders, consents and lab work are completed and
documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions; delivery to
appropriate labs; reporting and forwarding of lab results to
* Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiates CPR and emergency measures, as needed.
* Administers medications and IV moderate sedation to patients as
directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with FVC,
company, federal, state and local regulations.
* Acts as scrub technologist to assist the physician during
procedure as needed; maintaining a sterile technique.
* Assists with patient workflow by transporting patients as
* Performs point - of - care laboratory testing as directed per
physician's orders and in compliance with FVC, company, federal,
state and local regulations.
* Performs IV insertion as per physician orders.
* Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing
in compliance with state regulations.
* Provides regular and effective communication with physicians on
an as needed basis.
* Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians,
reporting on assigned topics.
* May assist facility management in working with the physicians and
staff to verify all necessary instruments and equipment.
* Assists the physician in completing and reporting state required
adverse event reports and reporting internally as per FVC/FMC
policy and procedure.
* Operates appropriate facility equipment and technology, including
but not limited to, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical
recording devices, sterilizers and computers in a safe and
* Inspects operation of all facility equipment and reports
malfunctions, and maintenance needs to ensure the safe and
effective operation of all vascular access equipment.
* Inspects operation of all facility operating systems, including
temperature checks in appropriate areas and physical structure of
the facility and reports any issues to the Facility Manager.
* Ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the vascular
access facility at all times.
* Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the FVC/FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
* Assists with efficient utilization of medication, laboratory,
inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals
following all guidelines established in the FVC/FMS
* May assist in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures related to the facility to ensure
continuous process improvement.
* Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
including monthly reports and attending meetings as required.
* Assists with maintaining medication supply, including inventory
control, checking for expired medications, and ensuring appropriate
recording of controlled substances as required by law.
* Completes usage logs for all medications with appropriate
documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal in accordance
with local, state, and federal law.
* Assists with maintaining facility supply inventory, including
ordering and restocking of supplies as needed.
* Examines emergency equipment and supplies, including stocking of
the crash cart on a regular basis.
* Completes medical records in an accurate manner in compliance
with FVC policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient.
Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
* May participate in facility regulatory and accreditation surveys
and action plans to address any deficiencies.
* Completes state required records for all implanted devices in an
accurate and timely manner and in accordance with FVC/FMS records
* Participates in staff meetings, training and orientation as
* Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
* Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
* Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
* The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and
equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program
and material assist devices for the heavier items.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious, contagious diseases/materials and radiation.
May be required to wear protective gear in procedure rooms for
extended periods of time.
* High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
* Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
* 4 - 6 years' related experience.
* Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access, Cardiac Cath Lab, or
a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and
ICU/CCU or emergency department experience preferred.
* Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as
Microsoft Office is necessary.
* Proficient in IV insertion.
* Proficient in cardiac rhythm recognition.
* Experience with Medical database software.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Mobile , RN- ASC / PACU - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care, Healthcare , Crestview, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!