Addus PRN Registered Nurse
Company: Addus HomeCare
Posted on: March 23, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: This position delivers professional nursing
care to patients in accordance with the established plan of care
and Company policies and procedures. Provides care consistent with
all relevant professional standards and state and federal
* Assess, plan and intervene using the nursing process to meet the
patient's health care needs.
* Observe and report any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in
condition of the patient and family situation. Document such
reports and observations in the clinical record and notify
* Perform assigned nursing procedures, including the administration
of treatments and medications in the care of the patient, in
accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of
* Teach the patients/caregivers appropriate self-care
* Notify the Case Manager, physicians, and families of changes in
the patient's condition.
* Perform LPN and Home Health Aide supervisory visits, in
accordance with state regulations, to evaluate competency and
provide appropriate instructions.
* Maintain data collection, recording, and reporting systems to
ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and
measurement of outcomes.
* Communicate potential risk management issues and report abuse or
unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
* Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary patient case
conferences, staff meetings and in-service education programs as
* Work with patient, family and health care team members
effectively to coordinate patient care.
* Participate in the on-call schedule and weekends/after hour
visits, as necessary.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to
access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is
flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned. POSITION REQUIREMENTS &
* Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
* Licensed as a RN in the state of practice
* At least one (1) year clinical practical nursing experience
preferably in intensive care, rehabilitation or medical surgical
* Home health experience preferred
* Ability to make home visits and provide nursing care in the home
* Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately,
legibly and timely
* Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary
to complete job responsibilities
* Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and
appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Addus HomeCare, Mobile , Addus PRN Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!