Company: Ascension, A26
Posted on: February 15, 2020
We Are Hiring We are hiring for an Radiology Technologist to
work in our Diagnostic Radiology Department at Providence Hospital
in Mobile, Alabama.--Schedule:
Full Time-Rotating Shift--Why Join
Providence?Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence
Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for
emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It---s a career where your talent and passion for delivering
quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team
members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are
our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to
have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve,
associates benefit from significant professional opportunities,
career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support
work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.More
information about Providence is available at
www.providencehospital.org.--What you will do:As a Radiology Tech,
you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing
quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects
exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical
parameters accurately.--What you will need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association
(AHA)--obtained within--1 Month (30 days)--of hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.Equal Employment Opportunity Providence
Hospital--provides equal employment opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions), ethnic or--national origin, age (40 or
over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled
veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.-- Providence
Hospital--provides equal employment opportunities for qualified
disabled individuals.--Please note that Ascension will make an
offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a
position using our official application. Be on alert for possible
fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
Providence Hospital--participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
information.E-Verify (link to E-verify site)--
Keywords: Ascension, A26, Mobile , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!