Unit Manager (RN)
Company: Consulate Health Care
Location: Ocean Springs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job ID 108996 Position Location US-MS-Ocean Springs Care Center
Ocean Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center Job Category RN
Position Location : Street 1199 Ocean Springs Road Position
Location : Zip 39564 Position Status FT is 35+ HOURS WKJob
OverviewOcean Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center1199 Ocean
Springs RoadOcean Springs, MS 39564SIGN ON BONUS OF $5000
AVAILABLE!!!Unit ManagerRN Registered NursePurpose of Your Job
PositionThe primary purpose of your position is for managing the
staffing needs and providing supervision for nursing staff
providing direct resident care to ensure quality resident care on
the assigned unit. This position assists in staff development. Such
supervision is in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility,
and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that
the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You
are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with
the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that
continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior
results.Job FunctionAs Unit Manager, you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for
providing direct resident care in accordance with established
plans. Supervises Clinical Nurses and Nurse Techs. This job
description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be
asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You
will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks
listed in his job description. The employer has the right to revise
this job description at any time. This job description is not a
contract for employment, and either you or the employer may
terminate employment at any time, for any reason.Duties and
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate
- Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II (LPN), and
participate in their evaluations.
- Conduct and document a complete data collection of each
residents medical status upon admission and throughout the
residents course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an
individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Company
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely
- Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
- Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing
- Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all
unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate
policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with resident record documentation
requirements, as directed.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with
families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Must complete Preceptor Training.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety
programs.EducationGraduate/Completion of approved/accredited school
of nursing. Valid license as a Registered Nurse i n the state of
practice.ExperienceMust have a minimum (3) years nursing experience
preferred in a setting serving the same age/type of resident
population served by this facility. Minimum one (1) year experience
in nursing administration.EEO/MFDV
Keywords: Consulate Health Care, Mobile , Unit Manager (RN), Executive , Ocean Springs, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!