RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Surgical Services Job
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing
quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and
qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care
hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open , an accredited by
the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An
affiliate of the , Fort Walton offers a that is accredited by the
Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also
provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including
cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services,
including a main , and . Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in
partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are
the parent company of the and the Rehabilitation Institute, both
located on Airport Road in Destin. Nurse Manager Surgical
POSITION SUMMARY:To administer, analyze and appraise the care given
to patients within the Department. To advise the Department
Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary
projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and
estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of
patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff
of the Department to accomplish the mission of FWBMC. ESSENTIAL
- Responsible for the operation of clinical activities within the
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership,
supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Quality Improvement and exercises
clinical competence in the ability to integrate it into the
provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing and managing
personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for
the operational area of the unit.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Develop and prepare subordinates and self, educationally, for
change and improvement within the nursing unit.
- Supervise and participates in the evaluation process of
employees within the unit.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
education requirements.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- CNOR preferred for OR only LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- ACLS within 6 months of hire required for ENDO, PACU, OPS
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year previous experience or completion of
Perioperative Nursing course required SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physicians orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills Your benefits include:
Keywords: HCA., Mobile , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Surgical Services Job, Executive , Niceville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!