Senior Project Manager
Company: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors
Posted on: September 24, 2022
OverviewEducation: Bachelor or Master of Science degree in
Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering from an
accredited university is preferred.Certification: Professional
Engineering and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
registration is highly preferred or may be required.Experience:
This position requires 15 or more years of relevant experience in
engineering and project management.Generally responsible for
supervision and technical direction over a team of engineers and
designers engaged in the total delivery of services on time, within
performance budget and quality expectations. Work at this level
requires extensive progressive experience in project management and
involves the utilization of project controls for cost, schedule and
quality of projects. This work will be performed under minimal
supervision.ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities will include
but are not limited to:
- Efficiently managing promotional projects minimizing the cost
to Hargrove by working with the Engineering Resource Leaders to
accurately estimate Professional Service man-hours to complete the
project while achieving the objectives.
- Successfully managing commercial contract(s) on one or more
projects of various sizes, as required. Ensuring that invoices are
paid in a timely manner, Project Change Notices are processed,
monthly Office Earnings Report (OER) is reviewed in the time
allotted, and the project(s) plan in Vision is current.
- Maintaining control of the project by tracking and maintaining
discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and
quality standards. Understanding and utilizing the project tools
that are in place for project control.
- Validating professional service and construction estimates at
the beginning of a project, and then tracking changes as the
- Participating indevelopment ofall major technical, cost,
scheduling and performance decisions.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications,deliverables
required by client, and design criteria upon assignment to a
project and gaining Hargrove team alignment of schedule and budget
in regard to deliverables required. Work with client team to define
project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changespromptly
by championing the Project Change Notice process and promoting a
positive Change Management culture.
- Leading the effort in building a productive Team both within
Hargrove and with the client. Utilize rewards where applicable to
recognize outstanding contributions.
- Coordinating resource requirements with other ongoing project
work and insure all parties expectations are aligned.
- Planning and organizing the work of the team. Communicating the
plan to your team, the project leadership team and the client.
Aligning the expectations of all parties.Conduct weekly
coordinationmeetings with the Team.
- Maintaining timely and accurate reporting including weekly and
monthly reports utilizing acomprehensive action item list.
Reviewing engineering documents, vendor submittals, fabrication
drawings and other construction submittals for compliance with
engineering drawings, specifications, good engineering practice,
and project objectives. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring
all documentation is reviewed and checked against vendor
submittals, specifications, interdiscipline, etc. regardless of
resource location. Ensuring that standard project work processes
are followed by all team members through all phases of engineering,
procurement, and construction.
- Interviewing discipline leads to maintain up-to-date progress
against man hour expended analysis recognizing the Project Manager
is responsible for overall financial health of each project with
the respective discipline leads being responsible for producing the
required deliverables within the given budget.
- Assessing the performance of the project team members through
the course of the project, and work with resource leadership to
organize a qualified and motivated project team.
- Ensuring project documentation is properly reviewed and
approved by the client.
- Providing Construction Phase Support, start-up assistance, and
response to Requests for Information, as needed.
- Managing timeliness of client team decision making and package
- Promoting continuing positive relations with the client
building on long term relationships that continue to add additional
- Completing project closeout as required by the client and
Hargrove work procedures. Participating in the planning of training
programs, continuous education opportunities and professional
development of staff.
- Effectively and proactively manage the client at all stages of
- Knowledge of the Hargrove project execution procedures.
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and
- Knowledge and application of company engineering standards and
project controls tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex project management.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments.
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of all
engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction
- Ability to manage client relationships in complex
- Ability to relate easily to others in the business community
such as customers, suppliers, contractors, government, professional
and trade associations.
- Ability to handle stress with poise.
- Understanding of existing and potential customer needs and
- Ability to delegate authority appropriately.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and requirements to
team members and to structure accountability.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with team orientation.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.Equal Opportunity
Employment Statement:Hargrove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex (including gender, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, sexual identity, marital or family status),
disability, military service or obligations, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.Hargrove is a background
screening, drug-free workplace.The selected candidate must be
authorized to work in the United States.Job Locations
US-AL-MobileID 2022-7145Category Project ManagementType
Keywords: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors, Mobile , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Mobile, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!