Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description Job Description: Leidos is a leader in the
environmental industry with over 40 years providing environmental
compliance, planning, and restoration services to civilian and
defense agencies. Leidos Civil Group, Integrated Missions Operation
(IMO), Climate, Energy & Environment (CEE) Division is seeking an
accomplished, disciplined and well-rounded Director for
Environmental Services. Candidates must have demonstrated program,
technical, and business leadership skills to lead a 275-employee
team of environmental and mission support service professionals
supporting a variety of customers and contracts including USACE,
Air Force, Army, Navy, NGB, NASA, EPA, TSA and Commercial
customers. Successful candidates would need to thrive in a
fast-paced environment driven by strong growth potential within a
highly competitive market. Must be a self-starting high-energy
leader focused upon delivering results. Significant customer facing
engagement is expected in order to shape and position to win new
business. Primary Responsibilities:The selected Director will lead
the environmental group, ensuring external contractual obligations
and internal performance commitments are fulfilled. The Director is
expected to establish and manage customer and business partner
industry relationships while creating new capabilities and
increasing market share in new markets or white space
opportunities. The selected candidate must demonstrate highly
ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional
growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. As
the Director, you will be responsible for the cost, schedule and
technical performance of company programs to include:
- Developing new business opportunities and expanding on contract
growth services with existing customers.
- Creating program investments to drive growth to include
internal IRAD, capital and overhead requirements.
- Working with line and Business Development leadership to
develop and implement a growth strategy.
- Participating in program planning activities such as: the
negotiating contract and contract changes and coordinating and
preparing proposals, business plans, operating budgets and
financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Engaging with customer contacts to ensure a high level of
customer satisfaction for programs within the portfolio.
- Implementing talent management initiatives to support
retention, skills development and critical capabilities to
- Providing management oversight of the day-to-day operations and
- Meeting with management, technical and operating personnel
within client organizations to review requirements, present
proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical,
administrative and management problems and issues.
- Providing leadership and vision to employees, motivating them
to strive for excellence, achievement of program and portfolio
objectives, and instill a culture of customer service and personal
- Demonstrated growth with new annual sales of > $50M annually
with the customers and contracts including USACE, Air Force, Army,
Navy, NGB, NASA, EPA, TSA and Commercial customers.
- Expertise in program management, proposal development, and risk
management, including strong financial management skills, and
experience with Estimates to Complete.
- Demonstrated progressive and successful program/portfolio
management experience (> 12 years) leading environmental and
mission support programs on a variety of contract types (e.g.,
CPFF, T&M, FFP).
- A STEM Bachelor's degree and 15 years organizational operations
experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including at
least 10 years of diverse experience with sustainability,
RCRA/CERCLA studies and/or environmental compliance.
- Experience with the preparation of technical and cost
proposals, including Basis of Estimate, resource estimating,
schedule preparation, and assumptions.Preferred Qualifications
- Current professional license or certification in discipline -
e.g. PE, PG, CEM.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Master's degree in a technical or management discipline.
- Proven experience with customers from civilian and defense
agencies (e.g. USACE, Air Force, Army, Navy, NGB, NASA, FEMA, Coast
Guard, DOI, EPA, TSA, etc.).
- Proficient in software applications such as MS Excel,
Powerpoint and TEAMS. Must be able to obtain a government
clearance; U.S. Citizenship is required. Pay Range: Pay Range
$139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Keywords: Leidos, Mobile , Environmental Director, Executive , Shalimar, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!